ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Im never streaming, so I don't have to worry about that. Battery wastes pretty quick when using youtube or opera, but I think thats normal.

Btw, can anything be done to bypass the no battery screen when we power up our phones off the charger without the battery? It would be great to use our phones off ac power without killing our battery.

Any chance of making an undervolted kernel?
Setting min/max to 806 isn't the correct way to do it. You're wasting clocks checking load which is pointless when your min/max is the same value. The correct way is to set it to Performance governor, this way it'll keep it at the set speeds without polling for load.

With that said though, setting it at 806 all the time might not be a good idea. Setting the low to the stock speed would probably be a good idea.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So what happens if we wipe dalvik cache from clockworkmod recovery on this rom? Since this rom has the dalvik cache mod, will formatting cache partition wipe the actual dalvik cache?

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
So what should we do if we want to clear the actual dalvik cache?

Because this ROM incorporates the dalvik-to-cache tweak, if you wipe the cache partition, it will wipe the cache AND the dalvik cache so no need to separately wipe the dalvik.

So to answer your question, in recovery you want to select /cache under the wipe options.

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks all of you

Edit: How about using Cachemate with dalvik cache mod?

Cachemate does not interfere with the cache partition. The application cache and the cache partition on your phone are two different animals. Apps such as Cachemate clear the application caches, it does not touch the cache partition so you will not have to reboot & rebuild the dalvik each time you use such an app.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It wipes all (actually only some) of the apps you installed.

Just to be clear, wiping data will indeed wipe almost every user app (with some exceptions, and it'll only wipe the links created with link2sd not the actual apk). But I think the person who asked was actually asking about wiping cache, which will not wipe any apps.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I kinda got it. Thanks guys. So then if I want to flash lets say obijohn's new major kernel, all I have to do is wipe cache partition (since dalvik cache Is also there) then flash zip? Im on CWM recovery. Am I right here?

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe youhave to do a full wipe just for the kernel. Then again if it turns out to be his gb kernel might flash it over aosp. :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

DF3

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Newb question here. I put bumblebee on my phone, and I was wondering how I go about controlling app permissions.

Also, in the future if I get a bigger SD card or decide to change the recovery I used do I go through the process of doing things like remounting it through adb?

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Damn you XDA mods on delaying the release of the next big thing from ObiJohn.

Xda mods?

Oh I'm slow lol. Just reread this. Didn't think about you meaning that them requesting the kernel source was slowing down his development...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.