[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Now please look away for this next paragraph, it's not for you:

Now you can look again!

Well, I couldn't help it :D

I miss your fallout dude. He looked approachable, now I'm afraid if i say the wrong thing I will be banished to the depths of hell

Don't worry, I just need your soul. :D

BTW, that is the BSD daemon.

Last edited:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, I couldn't help it :D

Don't worry, I just need your soul. :D

BTW, that is the BSD daemon.

I know, it brought me back to the early 90's and seeing the daemon dude at my dads work. He was a mainframe manager, and I didn't know what the devil Guy represented. I just knew he looked cooler than the Ms dos non existent mascot. I think he was on the bootscreen of OS/2 also. I don't remember. I was a super closet nerd as a child.

sent from my Nokia 5110

evox2008

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

For some reason, I can't update my maps since ur last ROM - the file package is invalid. I thought the new ROM would fix it, but is it really a ROM issue or gMaps?

Also, if there's a website where I can download the previous version of maps, I'd greatly appreciate the link :)

Thank you Mirage and all the devs!!!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

For some reason, I can't update my maps since ur last ROM - the file package is invalid. I thought the new ROM would fix it, but is it really a ROM issue or gMaps?

Also, if there's a website where I can download the previous version of maps, I'd greatly appreciate the link :)

Thank you Mirage and all the devs!!!

The previous map update had bugs. I recommend uninstalling the app and reinstalling the latest from Play store again.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

mrg66, does the work for a developer ever end??

To me, support guy part is actually the never ending part. And, my server started to act like asking for a new motherboard since one week. I will need the hat of maintenance guy nowadays. :)

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm lucky that my cheaply build computer is still going strong, even after 4 years of almost hard driven use.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
update: did manage to merge cyanogenmod settings from backside to this one. everything was there and running smoothly. but status bar wanted no part of the changes,either upon restart it just wouldnt change anything or it would crash if i used backside status bar as replacement lol. was fun to try though. even without it,this rom is still top notch. so i can do without. nice work on rom. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

update: did manage to merge cyanogenmod settings from backside to this one. everything was there and running smoothly. but status bar wanted no part of the changes,either upon restart it just wouldnt change anything or it would crash if i used backside status bar as replacement lol. was fun to try though. even without it,this rom is still top notch. so i can do without. nice work on rom. :thumbup:

I was going to tell you that it was not a simple settings replacement but slipped from my mind while replying to others. You have figured out anyway. Thanks for posting.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I have updated the builds to include two fixes
- Fix occasional completely mute incoming call in Phone.apk
- Timestamp doesn't contain date info, therefore we need to construct it and adjust it if daylight savings applies in frameworks base

Please see the OP to find the download links. The details of the changes are in the CM code review site linked in the OP.

evox2008

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

The previous map update had bugs. I recommend uninstalling the app and reinstalling the latest from Play store again.

Mrg - you're right, when something like that used to happen, I would uninstall and install the app again (that happened with maps 1 time). But this time, whatever I do doesn't let me install maps whatsoever.

wiping cache/resetting dalvik cache/installing the new rom - same situation.

Don't feel like doing a factory reset... but I might as well do that if the build from today doesn't fix it :p

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I have updated the builds to include two fixes
- Fix occasional completely mute incoming call in Phone.apk
- Timestamp doesn't contain date info, therefore we need to construct it and adjust it if daylight savings applies in frameworks base

About to download it now. One question: Any chance the mute call issue could also apply to outgoing calls? I ask because I've had that happen lately -- but I assumed it was a VMU network issue, particularly after curtis mentioned they had network problems.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: After almost an hour and a dozen failed attempts, I have to give up downloading from Mediafire. It's not the usual User Agent problem (which they fixed again) nor the Open Link in New Window (which I always do). Half the time, they re-direct me to a spamsucking "Congratulations, you won a reward" site that gives me a pop-up for my approval to install malware. The other times it now gives me a captcha that is simply unreadable (never saw that before on Mediafire). I actually did manage to get the download going one of the first times (before the captcha) but I cancelled when it was still only at 6% after 15 minutes :-(

I'll try again tomorrow when I am at my PC. Meantime, if others discover something, I am all ears. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

driya2010

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I am having trouble downloading the ROM from the mediafire link. Other files do download OK. Is it working all right for others?

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble downloading the ROM from the mediafire link. Other files do download OK. Is it working all right for others?

Yeah download OK for me. I used my to do it too :) haven't tried it out yet but its a must for me later. Thanks MrG always heard your rom was nice gotta check it out thanks for the hard work:D

anthonycadams

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried rebooting my computer, rebooting the router, everything I can think of and still no joy. If anyone has any idea what might be wrong, I think we'd both appreciate it.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

About to download it now. One question: Any chance the mute call issue could also apply to outgoing calls? I ask because I've had that happen lately -- but I assumed it was a VMU network issue, particularly after curtis mentioned they had network problems.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: After almost an hour and a dozen failed attempts, I have to give up downloading from Mediafire. It's not the usual User Agent problem (which they fixed again) nor the Open Link in New Window (which I always do). Half the time, they re-direct me to a spamsucking "Congratulations, you won a reward" site that gives me a pop-up for my approval to install malware. The other times it now gives me a captcha that is simply unreadable (never saw that before on Mediafire). I actually did manage to get the download going one of the first times (before the captcha) but I cancelled when it was still only at 6% after 15 minutes :-(

I'll try again tomorrow when I am at my PC. Meantime, if others discover something, I am all ears. Thanks in advance!

Download is working now. I have never seen that spam redirection in Mediafire. Are you sure it is from the Mediafire site? I am using Chrome on my PC with adblocking. That might be the reason.

Mute call fix is for incoming calls. I don't think it is affecting the outgoing calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174