[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (04152013)

Yeah that's what I need. Thank you.
Is there /system/vendor/ect/audio_effects.conf?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that's what I need. Thank you.
Is there /system/vendor/ect/audio_effects.conf?

I did exactly what u said ... system/app/DSPManager.apk then system /lib/soundfx there were 3 files in there, i didn't see any system/vendor/ect/audio_effects.conf?

Sorry it took so long, this is the only phone we have and the wife was talking to her sisters, need i say more!
I'll look through the files again, but i think they're all in there.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

I did exactly what u said ... system/app/DSPManager.apk then system /lib/soundfx there were 3 files in there, i didn't see any system/vendor/ect/audio_effects.conf?

Sorry it took so long, this is the only phone we have and the wife was talking to her sisters, need i say more!
I'll look through the files again, but i think they're all in there.

Its all good. Thank you very much for your help.
Now its time to start testing.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

To put this thread back on-topic...

mrg666, I hope that the following 'patch' for the Android security flaw, described in the article below, will be incorporated into MiRaGe as VM and LG are not going to do anything about this for the OV... MiRaGe will be the ROM that I'll be sticking with until my phone's end-of-useful-life so I hope the fix could be incorporated.

Massive Android flaw lets hackers ?take over? and ?control? 99% of Android devices (updated) | VentureBeat

Thanks in advance.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

there is no information on how to patch the code for that particular exploit. they generalize how it was done but do not specify what was done to block it.
whatever it was should be in the most up-to-date JB code released after Feb., extrapolated from that article.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

That article does not provide any technical info as to the vulnerability--supposedly as reported, technical details will be publicly disclosed at the end of the month. I figured that gurus like yourself and mrg666 would know where to look, and what to do when found. :) Your assessment that the patch has been incorporated into the stock JB code as of Feb is most accurate I think. Hope you, and the experts in this forum, would be able to make headway when more info becomes available. Again, thanks in advance.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I am watching the patches and I will build the ROM as soon as the fix is available. Please post if you notice the patch before me. We should always be careful about the apps installed on our phones. Until this is fixed, do not install any app outside Google Play as an extra precaution unless it is open source and downloaded from the original development site. Actually, we should always be doing this, since this is just a known bug and I am sure there many others not found yet. Just as an example, you might know how some of Android phones are rooted with debugfs exploit which can also be used for malicious purposes. Because of this, I had removed debugfs from MiRaGe kernel in one of the latest builds for enhanced security.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

ptDDr8U.png

Loving this rom so far :p

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

vector84an

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

I think this is the patch that went up on the CM code review for that issue?
Gerrit Code Review

For CM10.1 and it's similar to the proposed patch - a note at the bottom however says it's been backported through CM7.

Browsing through github a bit, it looks like the patch was applied to ZipFile.java in CM7, and to both files in CM9

(not sure why ZipFileTest.java wasn't applied for CM7, but at a glance it looks like it's just some test cases?)

Last edited:

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

3hj0QCW.png

All I can say is I love this Rom! It's fast and it's insanely great on battery.
Very glad badblue_1 recommended it to me on another forum!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I think this is the patch that went up on the CM code review for that issue?
Gerrit Code Review

For CM10.1 and it's similar to the proposed patch - a note at the bottom however says it's been backported through CM7.

Browsing through github a bit, it looks like the patch was applied to ZipFile.java in CM7, and to both files in CM9

(not sure why ZipFileTest.java wasn't applied for CM7, but at a glance it looks like it's just some test cases?)

This looks like it. I will rebuild MiRaGe in the weekend after merging this patch. If they don't backport to CM7 until then, I will do myself. Thanks you for pointing out.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know how to enable the microphone icon for text to speech within sms's, I have google search enabled and still not there, checked in language and keyboard as well and not there either any help is appreciated!

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know how to enable the microphone icon for text to speech within sms's, I have google search enabled and still not there, checked in language and keyboard as well and not there either any help is appreciated!

Did you try settings > voice input and output?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

You can install any number of other keyboards, which will have the microphone key. I like swift key. Lots of people use swype.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

I have tried that badblue1_ yeah no go =(

Update:
To get that feature working you need to install Voice Search by google, that fixed it!

Last edited: