[ROM] Reborn ROM v2.1 5/13/11

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!

Using the modified version of data2ext causes the audio attachment feature to not work. arhtard and I BOTH have been using it, so genuinely we'd both have the same problem :( I tried Harmonia, ath3nos's CM7, and reborn...all the same problem since they require the modified data2ext mod. Using the original fixed this problem, but it won't work on the aforementioned ROMs, so looks like anyone wanting to use it on these ROMs will have to sacrifice that one oh so great feature...

Ignore that, sorry. just find the stock Froyo music app and reinstall it using Titanium Backup, Terminal Emulator, or similar. that will fix the problem, audio MMS is reliant upon the stock Android player for its library files. my bad :p

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I know its been a while since anyone has posted on here, but does anyone know how to change the boot sound for this ROM? I saw it being done with the new I.H.O. unofficial CM7 ROMs, but the same method doesn't work on Froyo ROMs for some reason :-/

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well it will work for stock froyo just not a cooked froyo Rom. I have been trying to get this to work since yesterday and non of the tutorials work.

Sent from Swann's Optimus V

Yeah, same here. most of the tutorials were either a) for a CM7 based ROM, or b) telling you to replace the "PowerOn.mp3" file in /system/sounds/poweron directory with your own :/

sadly, while these tutorials were for the OV, none of then worked for Reborn...

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Giving this a try since I've had a few issues off and on again with the BumbleBee rom. Is there any hope we're still going to see themes being ported or should I just give that up after this long a wait?

UPDATED: Never mind, I think I found where the themes are. I never thought it'd be in another thread... Hopefully the dialers are included in some of the themes there.

Regardless, thanks to the developer for the work he's put in here!

--bornagainpenguin

Last edited:

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Does the most recent update from this ROM support both the newer and older OV screens? I have a new OV and am considering giving it a shot.

I just flashed this and I love it. I'm wondering the same myself. This also seems to be the only froyo ROM that's compatible with the new market.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My battery life on Reborn :) with no juice defender or micro management of 3g, WiFi, etc

42570258-6089-6142.jpg

wdalecamp52

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
hello, I did this rom and now all I get is the black screen after LG logo..UUGGG...yes, i know i got that stupid new screen from sprint, but I'm trying to find roms that will play with these dumb ass screens, I did all wipes and formats as I'm suppose to, but (nope) black screen of death..lol..oh well if anyone can get a rom around this problem or something it would be helpful..anyways its back to CM7..that one rocks ..ooppss the IHO rom yea...HELP