ARCHIVED: [ROM] RodimusROM v1.2.3 + xionia [4/3/11] All themes update

Status
Not open for further replies.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. Why did you stop on Xionia 005? I've been using 013 without issue for a while now. I would think that some of the fixes listed in the change log apply to the V as well, no?
I heard the Wi-Fi and Accelerometer don't work on the Optimus V with an unpatched Xionia kernel. Have you tested those features?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
As of Xionia 006, significant changes took place that makes it not so easy to adapt.

Wifi wouldn't work on mine either.
It works for some, but not everyone, same with the accelerometer. Also, buttons are flipped for some (they were on mine). Zefie knows about the intermittent problems but can't find the cause as he doesn't have a V.

I'm trying to learn as quick as I can and maybe fix it, but it's a steep learning curve. I don't want to release anything that will only work sometimes, or at all.

mikehud851984

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
ok apparently i suck but i cant get this to work at all. I followed the vague instructions on the first page of this thread and I get as far as installing drivers rooting and flashing the recovery but thats it from there i try to flash the rom and it says permission denied or something like that i did re name the file to Rom.zip and put it in the Rom file in ROMTools but it will not flash it. Please help

liquidmass

Dec 29, 2010
optimusv.wikispaces.com
ok apparently i suck but i cant get this to work at all. I followed the vague instructions on the first page of this thread and I get as far as installing drivers rooting and flashing the recovery but thats it from there i try to flash the rom and it says permission denied or something like that i did re name the file to Rom.zip and put it in the Rom file in ROMTools but it will not flash it. Please help

what recovery are you using? you know romtools will reboot your phone into recovery and then you have to flash it from there... you should be using CWMA (pre 3.0) or thunderc. then install from sd card your rom.zip...

sixxaxxis

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey mmmark111. I just wanted to say WOW! Your ROM Rodimus is insane awesome.

This is my first root and rom and am very satisfied. I was deathly afraid to try a root with my DX, but with the Optimus V i just jumped right in. Come this Friday you will have a donation from me to say my thanks.

Also i read that you asked about suggestions and one came to mind. How about a black market place instead of regular white? That would go great with the your black and blue theme too. Well thanks for all and look forward to more from you. Keep it up.

RKBA

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
OK, donation sent. My pay raise kicked in on Friday's check, and you just got 93.4% of it. But your ROM is worth it. (Besides, it's basically like I just have to wait another two weeks before I see it. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.)

Last edited:

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
You guys are great! Thank you so much. Once I can afford a new phone I'll be updating the theme(s) and adding more features and making some current ones optional (fly-in animations for example).

Reactions: jmel

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
yes a very nice job indeed A+..just switched over from C7 (due to mms being broke..gotta have my pic messages)..everything works great...one problem tho..is the wireless supposed to disconnect when the phone goes to the lock screen? Also I have a development site if you want to incorporate your poject with mine...I can pretty much do what ever you need, bugtracking etc..check it out http://jitcreations.com...message me or email me at justinh2k@yahoo.com

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Are there instructions on how to flash the OG theme?

Basically, I just want it to show the battery percent next to the clock. I found a few posts on how to get a circle one, but I can't find them anymore. I'm running the Rodimus ROM.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Are there instructions on how to flash the OG theme?

Basically, I just want it to show the battery percent next to the clock. I found a few posts on how to get a circle one, but I can't find them anymore. I'm running the Rodimus ROM.

Place it on your SD card and flash in recovery. Or if you want to customize it yourself, you can upload the non-themed framework from the ROM to the UOT kitchen.

Reactions: Superorb

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Place it on your SD card and flash in recovery. Or if you want to customize it yourself, you can upload the non-themed framework from the ROM to the UOT kitchen.
I'm using Thunderc recovery, do I use "flash ZIP from SDcard"?

If so, where does the ZIP file go on the card, and do I need to rename anything?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Question (n00b I'm sure). Can I replace the LauncherPro in the zip with the LauncherPro Plus and be safe or would it be better to just uninstall and reinstall after flashing the rom?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You can replace it, but then the zip will no longer be signed correctly. That means that you'll have to disable signature verification before installing the rom. You'll see the option to disable signature verification after you select "install zip from sd card" in the recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001