[ROM] SkitziPak Hero S/Evo Design

grad061980

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll try that. Also when I attempt to unlock it and it powers back up I notice it lags real bad. I had to factory reset.

sent from my »»ROOTED«« EVO DESIGN

Don't let it get powered all the way back up. As soon as you hit the power button make sure your volume down is pressed until you get to the hboot screen. Do this until you get the unlock token to take. If after 4 or 5 tries you still can't get it double check the file & placement of the file htc emailed you. Fyi also, the boatloader unlock does a complete wipe of your phone.

grad061980

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How come the design doesn't get to much attention like the other EVO's.

Also will there ever be a room where we can use the sum card with a US carrier

I'm sure after ics drops for the phone we will start to maybe see some more custom roms. Right now I know of at least 2, if not 3 available. I'm sure an aosp rom will come soon enough.

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes I read it on htcdev.com. also if i power while holding the volume down it will go into the bootload menu BUT the desktop will not recognize the usb drivers. I downloaded the file that had HTC sync included as well. Oh and do i need HTC sync installed on the desktop as well.

grad061980

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes I read it on htcdev.com. also if i power while holding the volume down it will go into the bootload menu BUT the desktop will not recognize the usb drivers. I downloaded the file that had HTC sync included as well. Oh and do i need HTC sync installed on the desktop as well.

I followed the section in the first post in this thread when unlocking my bootloader. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1399351 I used 2fast’s one click script to root & then followed his suggestions on how to unlock the bootloader with htcdev.com & his scripts by placing the required files in his tools folder & CD that folder. Make sure you download the script & use it as he outlines. Worked like a champ for me with of course the 2 battery pulls to get the unlock token to take. I did uninstall HTC sync & installed 2fast's windows drivers before I used his one click root script to root & to help in unlocking my bootloader. I do not remember what htcdev.com said about HTC sync when following their unlock guide.

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I followed the section in the first post in this thread when unlocking my bootloader. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1399351 I used 2fast’s one click script to root & then followed his suggestions on how to unlock the bootloader with htcdev.com & his scripts by placing the required files in his tools folder & CD that folder. Make sure you download the script & use it as he outlines. Worked like a champ for me with of course the 2 battery pulls to get the unlock token to take. I did uninstall HTC sync & installed 2fast's windows drivers before I used his one click root script to root & to help in unlocking my bootloader. I do not remember what htcdev.com said about HTC sync when following their unlock guide.

I used super tool v2 to root my design. That is the same program I am using to try and unlock the bootloader. I will try this method and see if it works.

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i attempted to unlock my bootloader again and still no success. i guess i'll just wait untill somebody makes an easier method. also if i wait hopefully by then there will be a decent sense rom with a better battery life span and smoother effects.

tkosngr

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Someone mentioned that you're unable to install apps to the SD card and I judt wanted to confirm that I have this issue as well and I'm using the newest version of this ROM. Whenever I try to move a program to the SD card my phone actually crashes.

tkosngr

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear Skitzi. I appreciate all ur work on the ROM too. Aside from the SD issue, It's made this phone a lot more useable for me too.

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, first off, I really appreciate what you do. Brilliant. I don't know much about this, and love that this can happen. I've hacked wii. Not phone. I have a rooted evo design 4G. And am really trying to get the most out of it. But there's really no information about this phone. I was happy to get a root. I'll be a guinea pig , I mostly just wanted to wifi tether honestly. money's tight. Thanks in advance. Lance

Edit- By the way, got the wifi tether to work!

Last edited:

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok so my bootloader is unlocked already, yay........when i go to flash the ph44img file it says that its a wrong image. it tells me to hit the power button to reboot. when it powers back up and i boot back into fastboot i check to see if i can go into the recovery option and it just shows me a black screen with a triangle and an exclamation point inside. any ideas would be thoughtfull

jrliriano

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey I keep getting "[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic" everytime I try to go to the rom page is this an issue only I have or everyone else getting this?

jpkephart87

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Why can't i find the Skitzipak rom for the Htc Hero S anymore? Everyone i have came across once i click on it it takes me to a site and says i do not have permission to view it? Help please?
John

grad061980

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: LINK FOR SKITZI IS BACK UP.

He took it down. He is not doing rom development anymore. So no roms from skitzi. Check out 2fastroms.com & sdx-developers.com for a couple of roms & more rom work to come.

Last edited:

gooseegg24

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
ust some help for anyone.... if you use htcdev bootloader for EVO design. I did the whole process and it killed my network service...don't freak out though if you re-lock it, your service comes back. Freaked me out for a minute but figured it out just a little advice. Plus its useless as of now because there aren't any roms available for HTC EVO design as of now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky