ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed ROM Manager and started following the steps from aosp's website. However, when I got to the part that said to select "LG Optimus One", I couldn't find it. There was an option for "LG Optimus V", so I selected that one, but AOSP isn't showing up in the downloadable ROMs.

Thoughts?

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I've tried using this AOSP Rom a few times, and I always find that after a week or so with regular use, it becomes incredibly slow and laggy, and I always end up flashing back to a 2.2 rom. It's quite annoying, and I have no idea what's causing it.

marka4jr

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I've tried using this AOSP Rom a few times, and I always find that after a week or so with regular use, it becomes incredibly slow and laggy, and I always end up flashing back to a 2.2 rom. It's quite annoying, and I have no idea what's causing it.

Download cashemate, i think the laggyness is due to cashe buildup slowing down the phone, cashematd can be automatically set to clear cashe daily

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I installed ROM Manager and started following the steps from aosp's website. However, when I got to the part that said to select "LG Optimus One", I couldn't find it. There was an option for "LG Optimus V", so I selected that one, but AOSP isn't showing up in the downloadable ROMs.

Thoughts?

ROM Manager only shows the LG Optimus One option if you are already using aospCM7, stupid I know, but that is why just about everyone in this thread will tell you not to use ROM Manager till the manifest issues are fixed.

The direct link to the aospCMod ROM has been posted many times over the past few weeks, just go back a few pages in the thread and you will find it.

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues on the 6/1? I updated from 5/23 to fix the MMS issue (Which now works) but it seems my wifi is now broken, i have tried re-flashing but to no avail. The wifi connects to my network and attempts to get an IP address but it seems to fail as it goes back and tries connecting again and getting IP again and it just keeps doing this over and over again. Does anyone else have this problem on 6/1?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues on the 6/1? I updated from 5/23 to fix the MMS issue (Which now works) but it seems my wifi is now broken, i have tried re-flashing but to no avail. The wifi connects to my network and attempts to get an IP address but it seems to fail as it goes back and tries connecting again and getting IP again and it just keeps doing this over and over again. Does anyone else have this problem on 6/1?

There have been other reports of issues with wifi, though I cannot reproduce the bug.

How is your wifi setup? Channel support, encryption type, broadcast ssid, etc?

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea on channel support but it has WEP encryption and it is broadcasting the SSID, this is the first time i have installed a ROM through ROM manager but I'm not sure that could be causing it, i have not had this problem with any previous versions and my Wi-Fi settings have not changed at all since i have purchased this phone. Also i used mybackup for root users, not sure if it is possible that i could have brought back some wi-fi settings from the old version that are messing with the new version? This is also the first time i have used mybackup instead of Titanium.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you restored system data with your backups, you probably did mess up the wifi. When restoring backups to a new ROM, never restore system apps or system data, that is what the new ROM is installing.

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The main reason i had everything backed up was because of the contacts, when i install the ROM can i not bring anything that has to do with the system back (contacts) or can i restore certain things?

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You can also back up your contacts by going into contacts, press menu, select import/export, select export to sdcard. This will create a file on the root directory of your sdcard called 00001.vcf. To restore contacts first make sure the 00001.vcf file is on the root directory of your sdcard. Then go into contacts, press menu, select import/export, then select import from sdcard. And presto your contacts are back. I think you can also rename the file anything you want has long has it has .vcf at the end of the name. I usually name mine Contacts.vcf.

Last edited:

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You can also back up your contacts by going into contacts, press menu, select import/export, select export to sdcard. This will create a file on the root directory of your sdcard called 00001.vcf. To restore contacts first make sure the 00001.vcf file is on the root directory of your sdcard. Then go into contacts, press menu, select import/export, then select import from sdcard. And presto your contacts are back. I think you can also rename the file anything you want has long has it has .vcf at the end of the name. I usually name mine Contacts.vcf.

Yeah, i just saw that and i decided to export before i re-flashed. Thanks for all the help guys.

checcles

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Been skimming through a lot of these 154 pages but can't find my answer....

I have the 0523 version and my MMS isn't working. What do I do? Or is there a direct link (I don't want to go thru Rom Manager) for a newer (aka if only better) version. Thanks.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I have the 0523 version and my MMS isn't working. What do I do? Or is there a direct link (I don't want to go thru Rom Manager) for a newer (aka if only better) version. Thanks.

Best bet when searching for the newest build is to search backwards through the thread. In the past 7 pages, there are 3 links. Here's one more for those having trouble finding it:

http://romshare.clockworkmod.com/322/225/aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip

Reactions: checcles

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I just posted on the last page that i had 5/23 and my MMS wasent working, i also posted that the 6/1 build fixed it for me. The last 3 builds have been Rom Manager only as far as i know. (Correct me if im wrong)

Edit: Just saw the link, but is AOSP releasing direct links or are those downloads that other people upload once they get it off Rom Manager?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The link I posted is the link ROM Manager uses, it's the same directory structure as your /sdcard/clockworkmod/backups directory has, with deployfu redirected to clockworkmod (probably based on how/when the dev added the section). Unfortunately, the comments in the threads about this ROM became so heated over ROM Manager that simple info like this got lost in the mix. I accept blame for this, and try to help out with info about how to access the files without getting people upset again.

@aosp has stated that he will provide a mirror for future builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness