[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Remember, most roms are built on Linux.

I think he literally mean unzip all of the files then rezip them. That doesn't work. There is a certain way it has to be compressed. Just open it as an archive. Linux has a built in archive manager.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been away for a while, 9 months. I need to catch up here. Before cm9 went to beta, I was having an issue with the clock not showing the correct time as if it wasn't syncing correctly or just lagging. Is this a known problem and if it was has it been fixed? Or is there a work around? Thanks for everything guys

I disable the clock on the status bar and use a clock widget (one from the PLAY STORE). Never is wrong.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

velvetvetfog82

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Need a little help with something. This rom is susposed to move your apps to the partition. When i'm running 9.1.0 with all my apps i have 67mb internal mem left. The cache fills that up pretty quickly. When i'M running 10.0.0 bobz with all the same apps i have 147mb internal left. same ext4 partition. What do i need to do on 9.1.0 to have the apps move over like on 10.0.0? I have been reading about this trying to figure it out for over a week driving myself insane. By the way, i tried the Droidsail super app and it help nothing at all

Last edited:

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The script with this rom still leave dalvik-cache on the phones data partition. I'll be releasing another build soon(within the week), with the same script that's in CM10.

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC1-BobZ

It appears to be working fine for me.
It worked for me and now it's not. Weird. I rebooted to no avail. Next, I'll try a reinstall of the ROM

---------- Post Merged at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Same thing for me. Weird
Just wanted to give a heads up of something i found.

USB Mass storage wasnt working for me.. so i installed adbwireless
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...InNpaXIuZXMuYWRiV2lyZWxlc3MiXQ&token=yp8ryGBW..

And then my computer detected it, from there i turned on usb connection and i was able to transfer files normally.. enjoy!

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Love this ROM and Bob's awesome work for us.
What is the difference between this and Quattrimus though?

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Love this ROM and Bob's awesome work for us.
What is the difference between this and Quattrimus though?

The last Quattrimus build was 9.0, this is 9.1. They may also use different scripts for sd-ext, but I'm not sure about that.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
BobZhome also cherry picks unmerged stuff from the cm gerrit IIRC. His build is made how he likes it.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

dlinderaz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if the white screen issue is still a problem with the latest build?

Yes. It has happened a few times to me today with Gmail and Facebook. Its a bit irritating. I'm going to use the browser instead of those two apps. Thank you for your dedication to this phone. :)

Nico72

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Updated OP with new build.
ROM is now 10MB smaller with the trims to Trebuchet & LatinIME

Enjoy!

Thanks! Can't wait to try the camera fix.
Once USB Mass Storage is fixed on CM10, I look forward to using that. Hopefully I will be moving onto the Galaxy Nexus soon, but I'll still be watching the Optimus V development.

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
flashing now, glad to see it isnt dead.

wow.. it froze 40 seconds after booting, stayed froze for 30 seconds and rebooted. then made it long enough to change to interactive and 480/600 and about 10 seconds afterwards(i didnt set it on boot btw). I did notice on both the interactivex and interactive goveners that the cpu frequency was fluctuating wildly with nothing visibly running. When i changed it to 480/600 it stayed solid at 480.

and now after those reboots its staying kinda solid, the cpu isnt fluctuating so wildly now. after about 7 minutes i changed to 480/600 interactive again and it seems fine. ( to rule out any programs im just opening calculator, settings, the status bar and app drawer.)

after 7 minutes of that i tried more and omfg wth is up with the camera?!! its all badass now... :D I tried panarama mode, it works okay i guess, and camcorder works fine for me. i cant playback with the default player but i think thats a known issue.

well 22 mins of not rebootin... feels good... GREAT WORK BOB!!

now time to make it google and watch all the errors start lol.

Last edited:

mkoyskip

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Excellent!

This might call for a full flash!

I'm gonna perform a full flash, seems like a major upgrade.

Hopefully this version will fix the problem with (my) A2SD because it didn't seem to work for me - ended up installing link2sd, which seemed to solve the issue... though I wonder if that was been a reason for my battery drain? Other than the random reboots & battery drain I prefer this ROM to any other I've used. Haven't isolated the random reboots but they don't occur too often anymore.

So far this my favorite (c'mon = it's the latest, etc. thanks to all the other Dev's I like out there... I'm not going to be rude and list/pick them all..:))

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna perform a full flash, seems like a major upgrade.

Hopefully this version will fix the problem with (my) A2SD because it didn't seem to work for me - ended up installing link2sd, which seemed to solve the issue... though I wonder if that was been a reason for my battery drain? Other than the random reboots & battery drain I prefer this ROM to any other I've used. Haven't isolated the random reboots but they don't occur too often anymore.

So far this my favorite (c'mon = it's the latest, etc. thanks to all the other Dev's I like out there... I'm not going to be rude and list/pick them all..:))

You aren't supposed to use any a2sd or link2sd scripts.... there are scripts built in, and they could cause conflicts.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
well i seem to be able to avoid reboots at 480/600 interactive for "at least" an hour, maybye more, when i switched it back it kept rebooting like old times. so i set it to do the interactive 480/600 at boot and no issues so far over this past hour. i got voice search working and i am loving this rom for the first time.

oh and the baseband shows correct, it knows im a zv5 now.

velvetvetfog82

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I run mine at 480/787 and have never had a reboot. Runs beautifully and with the new script i have 154mb internal free and couldn't be happier . This is great!

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
+1 to the new script I too am experiencing more free internal memory than ever before