ROMkeeper

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Step by step thanks to cmerlyn :
From CAI 11D I was able to install RK, but was unable to get it to display any ROMs.
download Quattrimus Beta1Pre1 to PC, transferred it to SD in phone.
Rebooted into recovery
Did a nandroid backup. Always back up before flashing!
Used LeslieAnn's Prep for New ROM (Thanks, LeslieAnn!)
Flashed QB1P1, flashed gapps
Restore ROMKeeper
Refresh
Fetch the nightly. Install from RK
Profit!

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I saw it and used it. I entered app pressed menu and refreshed. I saw pre beta and nightly I downloaded and flashed

Sent from futuristic optimus s

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
From what I can tell, you have to flash Quattrimus Alpha10 (Whatever one is in the OP of the thread), go into ROM Keeper, flash the Beta1Pre1 full ROM, then flash the 13mb delta update. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk 2

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell, you have to flash Quattrimus Alpha10 (Whatever one is in the OP of the thread), go into ROM Keeper, flash the Beta1Pre1 full ROM, then flash the 13mb delta update. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure you can install RomKeeper on any Android OS. Then you just go into the program, refresh, download prebeta1, then download nightly after that, then go into custom recovery and flash the nightly from the root of the sdcard. Only need to flash once!

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the pre-beta (which was on the root of my SD card), installed the apk, downloaded the nightly, it said "verified" at 100%, went into recovery and flashed the nightly.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
You gotta make sure it says verified on both when getting them from rk . I was on joyos before so.. recovery complete wipe beta , nightly, amphetamines, gapps restart and loved it :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I don't think that's necessarily it. I think (and I'm using this on my ROMs as well) that if you are on a previous version, it downloads the delta. Now, a delta is basically a patch. It takes that patch and applies it to the older zip and then flashes that. That way, you aren't downloading a ~80mb file and flashing it.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can install RomKeeper on any Android OS.

I'm not sure that's quite true. On both Mrg666's GB rom and BobZ's ICS rom, I only get a blank screen after I refresh. RomKeeper installs just fine, and it has worked just fine for me on Quattimus, but it doesn't seem to do anything (for me, at least) on other roms.

Correction: refresh worked just fine after a reboot and clearing RomKeeper's application data. Maybe this would work in the other situation(s) I'd had problems.

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure that's quite true. On both Mrg666's GB rom and BobZ's ICS rom, I only get a blank screen after I refresh. RomKeeper installs just fine, and it has worked just fine for me on Quattimus, but it doesn't seem to do anything (for me, at least) on other roms.

Correction: refresh worked just fine after a reboot and clearing RomKeeper's application data. Maybe this would work in the other situation(s) I'd had problems.

Install, not working.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Step by step:
From CAI 11D I was able to install RK, but was unable to get it to display any ROMs.
I downloaded Quattrimus Beta1Pre1 to my PC, transferred it to my SD in my phone.
Backed some stuff up with TiBu.
Rebooted into recovery (CWM-Blue)
Did a nandroid backup. Always back up before flashing!
Used LeslieAnn's Prep for New ROM (Thanks, LeslieAnn!)
Flashed QB1P1, flashed gapps.
Worked fine. Restored ROMKeeper with TiBu.
RK now was working correctly, displayed ROMs after a refresh.
When the nightly came out, I refreshed again and it showed up.
Fetched the nightly. Decided to go ahead and try the Install built into RK.
That rebooted me into recovery, did some wiping, installed the nightly, and rebooted.
Pretty slick, there, Mr. TDM
That was all I had to do. Everything worked as advertised, which is to say the known problems were all there, everything else seemed fine.
BTW, several of the known issues are the same as in CAI, like the videocam and panorama. The workarounds I used in CAI worked just as well in Quattrimus.:cool:

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Install, not working.

Now I'm afraid we've got a small ambiguity.

1. Installing RomKeeper has worked fine for me no matter which ROM I was running at the time.

2. After installing RomKeeper on non-Quattrimus ROMs, I was not getting a ROM list upon refreshing. The last time I had this problem (using MiRaGe at the time), I found a workaround of clearing the application's (i.e., RomKeeper's) cache, after which a Refresh displayed the list.

3. When I tried installing beta1pre1 through RomKeeper (I was running AOKP alpha10 at the time), I had no end of troubles (e.g., reboots, FCs, general instability) and thoroughly wiped before installing the nightly build.

So, for [1], Install works; for [2], Install may require a workaround to fully functional; and for [3], Install does (may?) not work.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
The author says for the moment, it is recommended to flash it in a custom recovery. I just use it for downloading the updates and stuff. It's good at letting me know if there's something newer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp