[ROMs]StockOV v2.2.1 - OverDrive v2.2.2

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to OverDrive
Watching around seeing that there are only a few ROMS out for the OV I said to myself time for a new one. So here is "OverDrive 1.0" this is a Stock ROM modded and tweeked​
Looking for something stock, yet quick? I got just the thing.
Looking for something REALLY REALLY Stock, yet fully rooted? Got that too.
I'm building more and more, there are more ROM's and goodies yet to come!

StockOV v2.2.1 [v1.1 +Picasticks]
desktop-01-stockov.png
Google-Play-Market.png
systeminfo-stockov01.png

The Goods v1.1
  • Fixed TWS (Time Without Signal)(Battery saver)(Can be undone by removing "xtr50fix-v1.apk" from system files)
  • Deodexed
  • added Picasticks, tweaked kernel
  • Removed VM Crapware (Except Activate APP)
  • Updated Market to Google Play Store
  • Removed kickback, soundback, talkback, gmail, youtube, maps, talk, email, protips and google talk
  • Edited build.prop
  • Overclockable - Not recommended above 824

The Goods v1.0
-Everything stock 2.2.1 has to offer -Superuser 3.0 -Latest Busybox -Scripted a little (Better 3G Speeds) -Tested and runs beautiful

I AM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR FLAWS IN YOUR PHONE, NOR BRICKED PHONES, YOU DO WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE BECAUSE YOU DO IT. A LITTLE KNOWN FACT DO NOT LG FACTORY RESET!!! UNDER ADVANCED MENU. DO NOT!!

(3/9/2012)
DOWNLOAD v1.1
StockOV 1.1

DOWNLOAD v1.0
StockOV-OverDrive.zip

This ROM will run with newer phones, also this ROM is best flashed with Xionia Recovery

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------
Entering OverDrive, not the same as StockOV
-----------------------------------------

OverDrive v2.2.2 [v2.1]
homescreen.png
infoscreen.png

2.2 The Goods
Android 2.2.2 Swype Removed all VM Apps except Activate More support, Added bin and other files from Optimus S for better speeds, scrolling speeds. build.prop updated and modded. Apps2sd added[Not the app] Superuser 3.0.7 added. De-Odexed this increases speeds ZipAligned Not overclocked yet, please flash the temporary kernel at the bottom of the page or wait for kernel Removed Email.apk from system files.

2.1 The Goods
Android 2.2.2 Swype Removed some VM Apps Removed boot sounds

2.2.2 DOWNLOADS!

DOWNLOAD v2.2 Stripped
OverDrive-2.2- de-odexed.zip - Media Fire
Mirror - Sky File
Mirror - Dropbox

DOWNLOAD v2.1 Stripped
StockOV-OverDrive2.2.2-stripped-2.1.zip

1)Back up / Nandroid
2)Wipe - boot, data, system, cache.
3)Flash
3a)Flash kernel (if chosen to)
4)Reboot
5)Enjoy!

Overclock Kernel found -Temporarily use this... Till I finish this... GAHH! I need a team!
update_bb_oc_kernel_1.26.zip

Keep posted for more updates and roms from me, Redbaron.
[2/11/2012 9:55 PM] Currently working on 2.2.2+ also custom kernel.
[2/28/2012 12:35 PM] Finishing OverDrive 2.2 (2.2.2+ Kernel + build.prop Tweeks)
Also finished de-odexed 2.2.2
Been working on a side project for fun.
Removed more bloatware (Virgin Apps, Keeping Activate, never know when you need it)
[3/2/2012 12:49 PM]Working on custom kernel, Working on a new ROM.

A Special thanks to:
00_wrath_00 - My Tester
LeslieAnn - A Great Dev
obijohn - Bumble Bee Kernel​

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]StockOV OverDrive V2.2.1

If this is based off 2.2.1, without a patch:

It will not run on newer phones.
It will not overclock.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]StockOV OverDrive V2.2.1

I will be releasing 2.2.2 and others. The only tweaks are the fact it has a busy-box plugin mod, this ROM will not erase data / system, as for the Kernel it's stock with... if I find the link here... a 3G boosting effect or justs a plane script as some might call it.
Doing more work tonight keep an eye out for 2.2.2+
I'm not a professional, nor do I have a team, I have my linux and windows skills to help me here. If you would like to help me in any way, shape, or form please don't hesitate to PM me, thank you.
This ROM will run with newer phones, also this ROM is best flashed with Xionia Recovery

Last edited:

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]StockOV OverDrive V2.2.1 - 2.2.2

Hello! With your permission, I'd like to port this ROM to the Optimus Slider as I quite like the Froyo look. I'd give you full credit, of course.

EDIT: I'm not porting it, persay. I am just changing system images but keeping it on GB.

Last edited:

Nit3H8wk

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I don't think there is a kernel source for 2.2.2 and if you use a 2.2.1 custom kernel it breaks the accelerometer.

Reactions: 00_wrath_00

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

im not sure about the new OV with the OS screen but i know that xionia 10 kernel works with the referb OV with 2.2.2 with no problems. just have to flash the button remap zip. maybe someone can tear that kernel down and rebuild it to work with this rom with updated govenors. just a though. it may help with the overclocking with this rom. im not a dev so im not sure how hard it would be.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Hello! With your permission, I'd like to port this ROM to the Optimus Slider as I quite like the Froyo look. I'd give you full credit, of course.

EDIT: I'm not porting it, persay. I am just changing system images but keeping it on GB.

That would be quite fine,
Go right ahead and post and mod this ROM however you choose.
<3 Open Code

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Xionia kernels in general should all work as they are Optimus S kernels.

This is correct, I shall post a Kernel for this ROM,
becuase I was noticing Xionia's Kernel swapps Home with Menu... like you bought the Optimus S...
meaning your Menu button is now Home, and your Home button is now menu.
I can't have this error in my ROM, Unless you guys like it like that.....

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Xionia kernels have a lot of excess baggage, a lot in them is for features we don't have, and things they were hoping they could make work on the OS. So while they work, there was good reason why we started making our own.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

i will keep watching for the kernel post. thanks for your work. just wondering.......are the frameworks the same in this as in the 2.2.2 weekend project rom?

Last edited:

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

i will keep watching for the kernel post. thanks for your work. just wondering.......are the frameworks the same in this as in the 2.2.2 weekend project rom?
Yes the framework will be the same for all my 2.2 's
I will be working on a Fryo-Bread, Fryo with touches of Gingerbread.

I been working on poring the kernel from another rom Overclocked.
I know how you guys like underclocking and overclocking

Reactions: 00_wrath_00

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

only reason i asked was i made a theme in uot for 2.2.2 weekend project rom. found out it woked nicely with your 2.2.2 rom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank