Root for Galaxy S5 on Marshmallow

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
No need to reset but flashing a new ROM you will definitely lose root, there's no need to check. Trouble is whether the update phone can be rooted as downgrading is generally out of the question

joshsamsung182

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys please I really need help. I followed every step shown in the guide and in the video here [SM-G900*] CF-Auto-Root | Samsung Galaxy S 5 then I download this file SM-G900T (T-Mobile US): CF-Auto-Root-kltetmo-kltetmo-smg900t.zip then I open up odin and see the COM blue then I did like in the video. Then the box said RESET and my device reset and got stuck in the recovery booting recovery is not seandroid enforcing window. Am I ****ed? There is no red android . What am I doing wrong? I did exactly and read word for word. Please help...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys please I really need help. I followed every step shown in the guide and in the video here [SM-G900*] CF-Auto-Root | Samsung Galaxy S 5 then I download this file SM-G900T (T-Mobile US): CF-Auto-Root-kltetmo-kltetmo-smg900t.zip then I open up odin and see the COM blue then I did like in the video. Then the box said RESET and my device reset and got stuck in the recovery booting recovery is not seandroid enforcing window. Am I ****ed? There is no red android . What am I doing wrong? I did exactly and read word for word. Please help...

Hello and welcome to Android central joshsamsung182

Reflash the CF-Auto_root kernel for the G900T model, again and if it boot loops, wipe the phone's cache partition as per # 1.3 of S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide to see if that solves your issue.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
i have a g900f 6.0.1 do i need unlock oem?

The international model, G900F, does not need to be carrier unlocked to root it. The international model, unlike some of the U.S. variants, also does not have a locked bootloader, either.

psyc969

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
okay thanks , only one more question i have the build G900FXXU1CPC9 and i only find the build G900FXXU1CPD3 its there a problem if i root with it?

psyc969

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
i did the root but now it not boot shows a msg
" Recovery Booting...
Recovery is not seandroid enforcing
Set Warranty Bit : recovery "
what i do? help please :(

psyc969

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Got it!!
i tryed again in download mode ( only thing that boot )with build G900FZHU1CPH3 but same error .
tryed the other build G900FXXU1CPD3 and worked .
It seems that what matters is the ZH and XX in builds,(seems that has to do with the global version) :eek:
hope this helps someone with same problem!!!!
thanks for the answers :D

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
That was indeed, my bad! At 02.00 hrs in the morning, I am not at my best. I clicked on the wrong CF-Auto-Root link, for ZHU, (Hong Kong), instead of the one above for XXU, (Global). Glad you are up and running. :)

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I am newbie and want to root my cellphone.
Android Version: 6.0.1
Model Number: SM-G900MD
Baseband Version: G900MDUBU1CPE1
Build Number: MMB29M.G900MDUBS1CPJ2
Do i still use the Auto-root from the linked thread or do i need to find a specific?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I am newbie and want to root my cellphone.
Android Version: 6.0.1
Model Number: SM-G900MD
Baseband Version: G900MDUBU1CPE1
Build Number: MMB29M.G900MDUBS1CPJ2
Do i still use the Auto-root from the linked thread or do i need to find a specific?

Hello and welcome to Android Central Junior Sanches!

Just follow the instructions in the links of post #1 to root your Brazillian dual sim model, G900MD. The CF-Auto-Root kernel is...

CF-Auto-Root-klte-klteduosub-smg900md.zip

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I already ****ed up so i need help getting out of the Samsung logo with the "recovering booting".
Any way to try again?
Trying to do a Recovery boot does not work either.

Last edited: