Root for Version 1.2 or 1.3?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you given this a try:

[UPDATE ZIP] Stock 1.2 update.zip flashable from CWM - xda-developers

If you had upgraded to 1.1 or higher it may have messed with the file system in such a way that returning to a fulling working 1.0.1 isn't possible. You can try reinstalling stock 1.2 via your bootable CWM card you made for your rooting try. Just something to try to get your nook back to fully working stock stack.

I'll give that a shot on Sunday. I go on shift (I work at a hospital) so for the next 4 days it's work/sleep/work and that's it. 12hr shifts turn into 15-16hr shifts.

Thanks!

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to load CM7 on it and see if the internal memory works from there.

You could try calling B&N and getting a replacement.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

I'm going to try to restore back to 1.2, and if that doesn't work I'll try to load CM7 via SD. I go on shift today at the hospital, so I don't have any time to play until Sunday.

MadDawg1076

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I made a account today just to help you out! I found this fix earlier tonight after hours of looking. The issue you have is caused by reverting to a stock version never meant to go on our newer Nook Colors that came with 1.2.

The fix is relatively simple, and you can be sure you need it by looking in the device info and your available storage will be 0.00 of 0.00. If your nook color says this then follow the steps from this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1094371

A thousand thanks to DeanGibson for posting this fix.

Last edited:

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it's all zeroes. Ill give it a shot on Sunday when I'm off for 4 days. I simply don't have time when I'm on shift. I appreciate all of the help from everyone. This site is the best.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ah, good call MadDawg1076, I didn't realize he had the new nook hardware (I'm still old school nook).

Just thinking, I wonder what would happen on a new nook if you installed ext3 file system drivers in Mac or Windows. Would you be able to mount the other 5GB of storage they hid away? Anways, that's a thought for another thread and another time. First up is HalizDad getting is stock nook back up and running fully.

MadDawg1076

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I would think that you could. I wanted to use the old partitioning model anyways so I just set mine up that way. However I am starting to get pretty good at these processes and I may even try dual boot from emmc soon. I have problems with the corperate wireless (and junos pulse vpn) when I use CM7 and that is why I went back to 1.3 rooted. Well at least for now...

Anyways, I am 99% sure that link will fix his issue. I did find another mention of the fix here:

[GUIDE] Install CM7 + Clockworkmod to EMMC - ALL NOOKS! (Updated:7/30/11) - xda-developers

Look in Post 2 for the information pertaining to this problem

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
2am and my NC is restored and seems to be working like new. I even updated it again to 1.3. Thanks for everyone who helped. I'm going to root it again tomorrow. I needs some sleeps.

fromla

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
hi, pls help me
nook color 1.3.0
install ManualNooter-4-6-16.zip
install complete, but it stops on nook color screen
flash 5 times
did not help