Root info

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Themes overlay Roms. Themes generally are a smaller download size wise and there fore don't have as much code or info as a full ROM.

Themes can be applied without a wipe as long as its for the same ROM. Sometimes themes for one ROM will work for another. Rubix and gummy are very similar ROMs and have heard some of their themes are interchangeable.

Each theme seems to have different levels of themeing that takes awhile to get the full scope of it and decide if it works for what you are doing. As stated Darkslide is highly themed but so are some of the gummyjar themes. Adding themed apps can really round a theme out and pull it all together. Having a themed launcher is key imo for full themeing. I love making words up!

Tranquility has a toolbox that allows you to switch to 6 themes without having to flash from clockwork recovery. The toolbox is only available with their ROM and Darkslide is included as a theme.

Rom mngr is also nice to quickly download ROMs from several developers including Fabulous who's great work brought us Apex. There are several mods and hacks included if you dig in his folder including the coveted blackbar-clockrmvr. Which works on darkslide great, but reboots my phone after a call on gummyjar Bigdx serenity theme but not on stock gummy.

I still have the bigdx serenity themed LP .apk with darkslide which is a great combo for me. You can pick and choose parts of themes that you like and apply it to different themes if you have ninjamorph or metamorph. Though ninja is superior.

Last edited: