Root my Tmobile Galaxy S4

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys I'm new in this, I came from the Iphone and I did fall in love with the Galaxy S4 and I'm not going back. But with that been said, when i had the iphone a was able to jailbreak it and download all kind of apps for free and stuff. So my Galaxy is unlocked by tmobile and I've heard you can root your galaxy but im wonder if i root it i will loose my unlock, also what will be the advantages of rooting my Galaxy S4. Thanks a lot

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Freeze some of the bloatware, block ads, free wireless hotspot, apply custom ROM's, add apps that will work only on rooted devices (Titanium Backup is one of my favorites) and screen shot capability. I just picked mine up today and will be rooting it soon, once I have an opportunity to "field test" T-Mobile's network (just switched from VZ).

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, one more thing, my phone is unlock now, if I root it will lose my unlock?
Also I've hear that some of the apps wont work if the phone is root it.
One more thing, which steps did you fallow to root your phone I have tmobile as well....
Thanks a lot

Posted via Android Central App

Wriscolf

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It shouldnt lose its unlock setting; you are only accessing permissions. Don't make the mistake I did when i started with andriod phones. Jailbreaking is completely different than rooting. Rooting only allows you to get better permissions. It's like "Run as Administrator" option on windows. Yes, both jailbreaking and rooting allows you to do pretty much anything to the phone but rooting doesnt give you an "app" (like cydia) to do customizations. Customizing on an andriod will be a little different, harder, but completely worth it. You can always install paid apps on Android if you can find it pirated. Only issue with that is the safety of the App. you probably wont know if it was altered (which i doubt) to harm you. You have lookout since you have tmobile; Lookout seems to check apps but i dont know how accurate or helpful it actually is. I hope this all helps and clarifies rooting more for you. I'm pretty sure there's many articles and threads on it. Good luck. Feel free to ask more questions. =)

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for your info, I see that this android world is way different than the iPhone world.
I will give it a try rooting my gs4 and play with it

Posted via Android Central App