rooted, but clockwork manager wont work at all

3rdsurfer

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
so yesterday i rooted my sprint3d, but was unable to install a rom. rooted using the HTC method (yay watermark fro something which has only half worked.

what works: phone works fine as does the sd card. i can do all i want from apps to downloads to whatever else. i can write files to the sd and do everything else i should other than below. also my su program works fine and allows permissions to the apps

What does not:
i can not install a rom
-clockworkmod does not seem to fully exist. it says it is updated to version 5.0.2
-i can not boot into recovery. i have tried to access it from ROM manager, quick boot, and by holding the vol down while booting... the first two methods only reboot the phone normally, loading the os instead of the manager. the third works normally until it scans the sd which i will go into detail a bit down.

so when i try to access from the vol-down method it starts normally where it does a scan od some kind. it then tells me
Code:
**** UNLOCKED *****
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.50.0000
eMMC-boot

HBOOT

Main Version is older!
update Fail!
press <power> to reboot

if i remember correctly there should be options to use fastboot and stuff, but there is none of that. i would try to flash a new recovery like twrp but i know no way to flash any image without access to fastboot or a functioning cwm

i have also tried the other 3 versions of cwm from rom manager, but none of them work.

i made backups like i was supposed to, but have no idea how to find/use them since im new to android

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
so yesterday i rooted my sprint3d, but was unable to install a rom. rooted using the HTC method (yay watermark fro something which has only half worked.

what works: phone works fine as does the sd card. i can do all i want from apps to downloads to whatever else. i can write files to the sd and do everything else i should other than below. also my su program works fine and allows permissions to the apps

What does not:
i can not install a rom
-clockworkmod does not seem to fully exist. it says it is updated to version 5.0.2
-i can not boot into recovery. i have tried to access it from ROM manager, quick boot, and by holding the vol down while booting... the first two methods only reboot the phone normally, loading the os instead of the manager. the third works normally until it scans the sd which i will go into detail a bit down.

so when i try to access from the vol-down method it starts normally where it does a scan od some kind. it then tells me
Code:
**** UNLOCKED *****
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.50.0000
eMMC-boot

HBOOT

Main Version is older!
update Fail!
press <power> to reboot

if i remember correctly there should be options to use fastboot and stuff, but there is none of that. i would try to flash a new recovery like twrp but i know no way to flash any image without access to fastboot or a functioning cwm

i have also tried the other 3 versions of cwm from rom manager, but none of them work.

i made backups like i was supposed to, but have no idea how to find/use them since im new to android

The method by htc just unlocks your bootloader nothing else.
Is there a file(zip) on sdcard that is named PG85IMG.zip if so delete. That would be what it's scanning and failing on.
have you tried to flash recovery with adb? Or in rom manager if there's a option to delete old recovery do that then try flashing the recovery again

clj1973

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. I used HTC method and updated superuser. I can use wifi tether and titanium backup. But i cant use "back up rom" in clockwork mod the phone reboots and does not create the backup. Also in clockwork "Flash Alternate Recovery" is grayed out.:(

3rdsurfer

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The method by htc just unlocks your bootloader nothing else.
Is there a file(zip) on sdcard that is named PG85IMG.zip if so delete. That would be what it's scanning and failing on.
have you tried to flash recovery with adb? Or in rom manager if there's a option to delete old recovery do that then try flashing the recovery again
ok i had that file so i can boot into fastboot again. trying to flash now. i hear people can flash using the htc method so its worth a shot since i already was dumb enough to watermark my phone

jamesjeter1

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
dude, when i tried to use rom manager with mine, it updated my recovery then I couldnt get back into recovery, i had to reflassh it.... there are only 2 recoveries that i have found to work with the htc way. if you want to look them up you can. The makers of them modified them to work for us.....here they are just search xda for themcwm-4.0.1.4-shooter and twrp-1.0.3-modified

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non