Rooted my Touchpad - Now what??

adajmk

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Just kidding about the title of the post - sort of. Successfully rooted my HP Touchpad a week ago and have been really enjoying it. Reading comics, playing games, all the important stuff Thanks to all the guys at CyanogenMod for all their hard work.

I am wondering if there are other things I should be doing now that I have total access to my device. I also have the HTC Rezound phone, but haven't rooted that b/c I was scared of bricking it. I am not as worried about the Touchpad and so I really want to get under the hood, play around with it, and fully experience the Android experience.

Any suggestions on next steps?

moin1998

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I own one too, and rooted it also, insanely great device. I suggest just installing many apps, and trying to get a great sync working between your phone and tablet, it creates a awesome experience.

adajmk

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've downloaded a number of games and other apps and personalized my device - it is looking good!

I was wondering if it makes sense to start playing around with apps like 'setcpu' or the like to tweak and improve performance. Any recommendations or thoughts?

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded a number of games and other apps and personalized my device - it is looking good!

I was wondering if it makes sense to start playing around with apps like 'setcpu' or the like to tweak and improve performance. Any recommendations or thoughts?

Yes overclocking will help with some of the newer more demanding games and apps. I'd also suggest setting up an adblocker which also takes advantage of rooted android devices.

sharonsds

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
What reference did you use for rooting? I don't know whether to search under HP touchpad, or ICS or Android 4?
thanks for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly