Rooted with exploit, can I unlock with a Mac?

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I hate asking noob questions. I want to install a ROM with working tether and wallet if possible and don't own a windows computer. I have a Linux laptop and an iMac. Is there a way to unlock my VZW Note 2 with it? I assume I need to unroot via the Exynos Abuse app....?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I hate asking noob questions. I want to install a ROM with working tether and wallet if possible and don't own a windows computer. I have a Linux laptop and an iMac. Is there a way to unlock my VZW Note 2 with it? I assume I need to unroot via the Exynos Abuse app....?

I don't think you can because odin requires windows. You would need to get ahold of a pc or dual boot your mac with Windows. No you don't need to unroot. Just make sure when you run casual program you may need to grant it super user permission from the phone screen so pay attention to it

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I appreciate reading your replies to everyone's questions.

I saw a YouTube a while back on rooting with a Mac, but I'm pretty sure it didn't unlock the bootloader.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I appreciate reading your replies to everyone's questions.

I saw a YouTube a while back on rooting with a Mac, but I'm pretty sure it didn't unlock the bootloader.

I had the same issue... If you dont have a windows computer or you do own one but are to lazy to update it to make it functional like me lol you can run windows in the free program virtual box. This will let you do anything you would need a pc for on mac as far as rooting goes.