Running Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Tab pro

Martin Cracknell

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Would you know if it is possible to run Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Tab Pro 12.2?

It is currently running Android 4.4.2.

As certain features and apps are unavailable on the tablet's current OS, it is kind of restricting...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Tab Pro or NOTE Pro?

Assuming you mean Note since you're here in a Note Pro specific forum - as of now there is no variant of the Note Pro that has 6.0.

What is the model number of your device? Lollipop has been out for a while for several variants of the Note Pro.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
To both posters wanting to run Android 6, I suspect your only option would be to root your tablets. Then your options are wide open. Even the new android N which I believe is now only a few weeks away.
But don't think, because I have put this forward, that you can ask me how!!!! I have never rooted any of my android phones or tablets, just read about the process in this and other forums. Suggest you do a search through the forums on the terms root or rooting.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
To both posters wanting to run Android 6, I suspect your only option would be to root your tablets. Then your options are wide open. Even the new android N which I believe is now only a few weeks away.
But don't think, because I have put this forward, that you can ask me how!!!! I have never rooted any of my android phones or tablets, just read about the process in this and other forums. Suggest you do a search through the forums on the terms root or rooting.
Yeah there are a couple of 6.0 based custom ROMs based either on cyanogenmod or AOSP for a couple of variants of the Note Pro. Built in S-pen functions won't be there but the pen will work fine and applications can be loaded to use it. Personally I don't see the point of owning a Note product and running a ROM that isn't Touchwiz based but I can appreciate that some may not have a need for any of the built in functionality.

cganesh

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Martin
There was an update for the note pro 12.2 that took it up to 5. (don't remember the exact numbers after the decimal) some time back. You can download it from the Samsung website. I use smart switch software from Samsung to backup and download updates to both my 12.2 and my Note 4. Has been very stable and seemed to work faster after that software update. Have held back even updating my Note 4 to 6 due to issues others I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia