S pen... Do you use it?

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Note 4 for a month. I have never even taken the s pen out, does anybody actually use it? I don't feel the need to use it. To me it's a waste of space.

Posted via the Android Central App

Brian W1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
That's the main thing I miss about my Note 4. You have to learn what it can do in order to want to use it. I used it to label pics, write down quick notes at work, copy and paste, etc. watch some YouTube videos on its features. Search S pen tips and tricks, you'll be amazed at all it can do. If you never learned what a smart phone could do, you'd be saying a dumb phone does all you need it to do. You have to KNOW your device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
That's the main thing I miss about my Note 4. You have to learn what it can do in order to want to use it. I used it to label pics, write down quick notes at work, copy and paste, etc. watch some YouTube videos on its features. Search S pen tips and tricks, you'll be amazed at all it can do. If you never learned what a smart phone could do, you'd be saying a dumb phone does all you need it to do. You have to KNOW your device.

thanks for the advice, I will try using it then

Brian W1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
S pen has its own settings. I had mine set to go to S note instantly upon removing it from the phone. Another thing that made it extra useful for was taking notes during a phone call. I'd place the phone on speaker, or was on a Bluetooth headset, and could write instructions being given over the phone, instead of scrambling like a mad man looking for a pen and paper.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I love the SPen. It's the reason I moved from my S4. For all the reasons everyone has mentioned already. Most important to me is taking notes. I don't have to carry a pen and notepad anymore. I can be on a call and pull up notes to jot down information. I also use a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet and the SPen works on it also (both pens work on either device). I use SwiftKey keyboard, swipe mode. It is awesome with the SPen. As fast and maybe faster than I can type.
I don't understand why you purchased the Note 4 instead of an S5 or S6 if you don't want a stylus type device. A big selling point of Note 4 IS the SPen.
Look at the links that have been posted and see how much the SPen can do.

Posted via Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use the S pen 99+% of the time on my Note 4. For all of the reasons given above. It is what makes the Note 4 such a powerful tool for work.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the Note 3, not the 4, but th pens do about the same thing. Not only do I use the pen every day, I have one in the phone and one on my desk, so I don't have to keep taking it out and putting it back when I'm home. It's one of the main reasons I bought a Note. HTC and a few others make great phones - but no pen.

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've used the S-pen quite a bit since owning the Note 4

From using it in foreign countries for help navigating in foreign countries to writing down important notes from work....I use the S-pen on a weekly basis. I love using it for notes, passwords, grocery lists, orders, ID numbers...

You need a username and password for EVERY little thing nowadays. And the s-pen helps with that.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I use it quite a bit. It's especially handy when working in split screen and allows for more accuracy when the display for each app is cut in half. It's also a necessity for me when I have a couple of floating windows open.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Used it 3 or 4 times today.

On 2 phone calls I need to jot down a phone number, take some notes and write down an email address.

I also entered a new address directly into Google Maps. Once I verified it was a good address, I tried to long press the address field to copy the area and save it into a contact. But, apparently Google Maps won't let you copy from this field (why???)

So I took out the S Pen, clicked the Smart Select, then selected only the address on the screen. I hovered the S Pen over the selected screen clipping, waited briefly for the "T" to display and was able to copy the text this way.

A nice little work around to keep me from needing to retype the whole street address again.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I use mine all the time for taking notes and writing down phone numbers of people who call wanting me to give then estimated for my business

amer369

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I use the spen for:

Screen write writing labels on pics

Taking notes when on the phone ( phone numbers etc...)

Doodling on action memo while in a call..

Use the smart select to get phone numbers from images

Smart select to translate from pic to translation app

Image clip for sending things via WhatsApp

Writing notes and storing on s note..

Anyway u get the picture.. Never had a note phone before my note 4 and now don't want to do without.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I use it a whole lot, almost on a daily basis. I was using the S6 the other day and wanted to take a note and realised there was no S Pen, kind of had me feeling 'naked' without it.

I have my Note 4 set to launch Action Memo when I pull out the S Pen, so its quick and easy to take quick notes.