S10+ custom call blocking

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
On my S10+, I can block calls from "unknown callers." So, if I receive a call from a number that's not in my contacts, but is identified with caller id or otherwise, will I receive that call? I take it that all blocked calls go to voicemail or get listed in my recent callers list. Secondly, is their a way or app that will also automatically whitelist numbers that I call? For instance, if I call a number, I may very well want to receive a call back from that number. Thanks.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Most call blockers allow me to accept calls only from contacts (simply block all others). However, I'd like to automatically whitelist numbers that I call. For example, I may call a merchant and leave a message, but the number I called isn't among my contacts. But I want to answer the call and not have it sent to VM automatically. It would be terribly inconvenient to go through my recent call list and add outgoing call to my contacts or whitelist each of them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. Most call blockers allow me to accept calls only from contacts (simply block all others). However, I'd like to automatically whitelist numbers that I call. For example, I may call a merchant and leave a message, but the number I called isn't among my contacts. But I want to answer the call and not have it sent to VM automatically. It would be terribly inconvenient to go through my recent call list and add outgoing call to my contacts or whitelist each of them.
Gotcha , let's see any members chime in here .

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Haven't heard from anyone, but found an app called Blacklistcall. It's the first app I found that reliably blocks all calls except for contacts, and blocks all unknown numbers. Blocked calls go to voicemail and the phone does not ring. The downside is that, if a trusted caller isn't a contact, the call is blocked. That usually happens when someone returns a call I placed. Still, such callers can leave a message, or I can temporarily suspend blocking if I expect a non-contact call.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Haven't heard from anyone, but found an app called Blacklistcall. It's the first app I found that reliably blocks all calls except for contacts, and blocks all unknown numbers. Blocked calls go to voicemail and the phone does not ring. The downside is that, if a trusted caller isn't a contact, the call is blocked. That usually happens when someone returns a call I placed. Still, such callers can leave a message, or I can temporarily suspend blocking if I expect a non-contact call.
Nice use it ad free?

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
No, not ad-free, but the ads aren't too annoying. For now, there isn't a paid version that would avoid ads, but there is customer support.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer