S10 plus or Note 10

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thinking of moving from pixel 2 XL after the disappointment of the 4 XL. Considering either the S10 plus or Note 10. I've looked at the specs side by side, but can't decide.
Any advice would be appreciated..

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
S10+, easy decision.

Only reason to go with a Note 10 would be if you NEED the S-Pen, which you obviously don't, because you've been using a Pixel.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
What's One UI like compared to stock Android?

Depends what you mean by stock Android... I came from a OnePlus 5 and I'd say it's better in some ways and worse in others... Not very helpful, but it comes down to personal preference.

It's a lot better for customisation, and the quick settings panel is much better.

Xmanrek

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of moving from pixel 2 XL after the disappointment of the 4 XL. Considering either the S10 plus or Note 10. I've looked at the specs side by side, but can't decide.
Any advice would be appreciated..

I've been weighing the same decision, and I bought one of each on Swappa. As of today, the Note is going back up for sale, probably. I can't justify the price difference, and I'm trying to. That said, I don't think the regular note 10 deserves all the hate it gets at all.

I'll say this: The Note feels better. The haptics are really solid. That said, I never thought Galaxy haptics were bad. The Note is just much more solid and precise. The size is perfect for me. The S10 has better corners, but the Note feels more solid.

Camera is a bit better on the Note. The s10 is set to get the update to bring the Note 10 features. I haven't gotten that yet. Even with that, I have to look to find the difference, and I honestly wouldn't really notice if i didn't have them side by side, which almost no one does..

I wanted to keep the note for 25w charging. Then i remembered that it doesn't really matter. I only have one 25w charger right now. All of my other ones are Adaptive fast chargers I've collected over the years. This means that unless I was at my one 25w charger, I wouldn't really reap the benefits anyway.

I have to admit that the screen on the Note 10 looks better to me side by side against the S10. I have the S10 on WQHD+ and it still looks like the Note has better white balance, clarity, brightness and legibility. I have had instances where I wished video was a tad clearer, but when I watch the same video on the S10, i see that the fault is the video, not the screen.

Battery life is comparable in my use, with a slight advantage to the Note. Face unlock and the FPS us a slight improvement as well.

The thing it really comes down to is the $200 price difference I have between the 2, being that I got a helluva deal on the S10. While I think the Note is a better device, with my sparse s-pen use, I don't think its a $200 disparity, YMMV

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I chose the S10+, just because I never had a Note, so I never used the S Pen. I've used Moto and LG devices in the past, and this was my first Samsung device.

I couldn't see paying more money for a feature I never used so I wouldn't miss.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
You dont have to use the s pen.
It's another tool in the toolbox.
Not to mention the spent takes pictures.
It's a 4300 am battery in the note 10 +
256 gb storage.
12 gb ram.

Buy one unlocked at Best Buy.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You do know electricians use pipe wrenches on conduit?.... Lol

No, I obviously didn't. It was a bad example, but I think you probably understood my point.

In case you didn't, a tool you don't need and will never use is an inconvenience, not a boon.

A sewing machine is dead weight to an electrician... Better?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
No, I obviously didn't. It was a bad example, but I think you probably understood my point.

In case you didn't, a tool you don't need and will never use is an inconvenience, not a boon.

A sewing machine is dead weight to an electrician... Better?
Yeah.... Point taken

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Note 10 since it has no Bixby-button. Also the S-Pen is useful once you strat using it. More premium too imo.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Got a note 10 +

Had the tech to go in and turn off Bixby.

What is one of the most important things on a phone.

The battery, right.
Why not get the phone with the biggest battery ?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Got a note 10 +

Had the tech to go in and turn off Bixby.

What is one of the most important things on a phone.

The battery, right.
Why not get the phone with the biggest battery ?
Well although a big battery is useful it is not necessarily a requirement for everyone and sometimes a device with a bigger battery may also have a heavier draw on the battery. I am speaking in generic terms and not specfically the Samsung devices.
I have both devices and I prefer the Note but not solely because if it's larger battery.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Ohhhhhh

Believe me, it's got a heck of a lot of stuff.
And it runs so Dang smooth.

My wife has a note 9.
She is about 5' tall.
It she got used to the weight .
And she totally loves the 4000 ah battery.

My camera..I dont have any complaints.
And I came from a Pixel 3 XL

Want me to say more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc