S10+ the Greatest - T-Mobile the WORST

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with either T-Mobile service or support. Their support is always responsive and always tries everything they can to resolve any issues they possible can. I have had all the major carriers personally except sprint and all of them professionally and personally T-Mobile customer service has always been the best with Verizon being the worst. I live in Ohio and have no issues at all with T-Mobile service. Having said that ALL carriers have their dead spots..

anon(10598448)

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
I'm in Denver Colorado. T-Mobile is pretty much unusable from 5PM to around 12AM. At 3AM I can easily get about 150+Mbps because no one is awake then.

I only have T-Mobile now because I turned 55 this month and I have two lines for $70. T-Mobile used to be the best carrier here two years ago, now they are the worst. AT&T and Verizon have T-Mobile beat.

Screenshot_20190327-220349_Speedtest.jpg

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My office, inside a large stone government building (Philly City Hall), also gets a poor signal, BUT I had no problem at all getting the booster from T-Mobile.

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Wow, the T-Mobile LTE signal repeater actually works.
Went from -117dBm to -86dBm.

Screenshot Settings.jpg

I'm using the Network Cell Info app and it looks like I'm piggybacking on someone's T-Mobile CellSpot broadcast five blocks from me. The closest T-Mobile cell tower is about 1.5 miles away at a high school.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, the T-Mobile LTE signal repeater actually works.
Went from -117dBm to -86dBm.

View attachment 303054

I'm using the Network Cell Info app and it looks like I'm piggybacking on someone's T-Mobile CellSpot broadcast five blocks from me. The closest T-Mobile cell tower is about 1.5 miles away at a high school.

Yup, which is why I opted out of using the WiFi one: anyone with a T-Mobile phone would be using your signal on an extender. If you get the WiFi one, then that means other people are pretty much using your data for free.

But yeah, they do work! My apartment has apocalypse-now walls (OK, it doesn't, but it seems that way because any signal dies once you close the door) and after getting one of these and placing it near the window, now I have coverage all over. Strangely, and consistent with 'kill all signals' walls, my next door neighbor barely sees the extender.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Lol I've had T-Mobile for 6 years since Legere took the CEO chair and I have not had one single issue, especially on the S10+, it works like a charm. Perfect service all over where I live in Houston, and when I travel.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I used to have Sprint and it was bad! I looked at speeds from in our new house before we switched to Verizon and still our signal isn't great in the house but much better than Sprint I guess. My test when we had Sprint said 5.37 and 0.01 mpb s upload and download. And now I get 27.0 and 5.47 which tome is much better in my house. Haven't tried it when out and about with better signal. But we do know here in Kentucky Verizon is better than Sprint even my friends with T-Mobile I believe have better signal than we did with Sprint sometimes. I know this about t-mobile but I don't know what is normal for my phone to show on LTE. I just know the numbers are much higher in our house than when we had Sprint with our S10 Plus.

I turned off Wifi when I did test also Ping said 51 and Jitter whatever that is said 12. Than I turned on Wifi just to see and got 207 and 12.6 and 39 Ping and 3 Jitter.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Current speeds in my house on T-Mobile. On Verizon I only got 30 Mbps up/down.

Not sure if T-Mobile upgraded their towers near me or what but this is the fastest I've seen yet inside my house. Dang near matches my WiFi speeds on FiOS. 👏👍

Attachments

• 46422.jpg
    46422.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow mine said 37.3 and 40.6 and 5.24 and 4.14 on LTE. I just did it twice but it's much better than I had on Sprint and it's even higher than when we switched to Verizon and I still had Sprint stuff on my phone. I had to have my phone re-flashed the other day and just retested for the heck of it. When I was all Sprint it said 5.37 and 0.01 it was awful. And it looks like my home wifi isn't so great neither 84.0 and 12.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy