S21 Ultra in late 2022

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
So, I've been through a lot of devices recently trying to find a worthwhile upgrade from my Note 10+. Along with the complicated notions of not being able to buy a phone from Samsung directly due to a glitch in their system, I am pretty much stuck buying from either Amazon, Swappa, Ebay or Best Buy. I dont use my carrier as I prefer factory unlocked, and Best Buy is a bit expensive for my tastes. 1000 dollars before tax for an S22U 256gb... Yikes! As much as I would love that, just a bit too much for me.

Luckily, I was able to find an S21 Ultra from Ebay in excellent condition, 256gb, for 600 dollars. Complete with a one year warranty. It arrived virtually brand new looking. Seller seems top notch with their refurbishment and barely has any negative feedback.

I have found it extremely hard to put this device down. The super bright, vibrant screen with the ability to use 120 hz refresh rate at QHD, S pen functionality and excellent cameras have made it a joy to use. Battery life has been pretty decent so far too. My biggest gripe is the removal of the SD card slot. I hate it. But, I may possibly be keeping my Note 10+, so I suppose I can easily backup my files to it.

Who else is enjoying their S21 Ultra in late 2022? Does anyone have the S pen along with the S pen case? I've just been using the S pen from my Note 10.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I dont use Swappa as I have had nothing but bad experiences. And paying 700-850 for a device that is basically the same as mine with minor improvements and less memory isn't a good value to me at all.

My S21U was cheaper than all of those listed, with more memory and and a one year warranty.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm also debating getting the S21 Ultra now to be honest, coming from the S21 FE...

I noticed the S22 line has a brighter screen than the FE series and the ultrasonic fingerprint is better than what the FE line uses.

I do notice the increased weight of the S21 Ultra which is about 2 grams heavier, the FE is very light at 6 grams

But I worry about the burn in and samsung phones have that problem, also with Swappa probably little warranty.

I bought 2 iphone 11's off swappa and both ran fine for years no issue, I don't know about samsung.

I'm still debating if it makes sense, I really want a 14 Plus but I'm samsung down here, tab, earbuds, watch, phone so starting over is expensive.

Best Buy has the OP s22 ultra for 800 but that's the 8 gig model.

I'm trying to decide what to do, I want to do this while I know I can get at least 4 hundred for my FE... I have the 8 gig 256 model unlocked.

Phone works perfectly but the higher model has a better screen.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Each generation of phone generally has an improved, brighter screen. Usually anyways. Personally, I think it would be totally worth it to go to the S21 Ultra. It has been a fantastic device for me. I would never go with the FE version of a Samsung phone as I want all the bells and whistles.

I've been using it for a week, and I really can't say enough good things about it. The build quality's excellent, the display is awesome and super bright with the ability to use 120hz refresh rate with 1080 OR 1440 resolution, unlike previous generation models, battery life has been all day for me, and you can also use the s - pen! The thing I dislike the most is not being able to use micro SD cards. Other then that, it's great. And I'm super stoked to have a device that is still relatively new and will get updates for a long time. I received three security patches for it since I got it, the latest one being October. None of my other devices have received that.

I would highly recommend it, especially at a good price. I don't know how you feel, but I can post the link to where I got mine if you like.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Each generation of phone generally has an improved, brighter screen. Usually anyways. Personally, I think it would be totally worth it to go to the S21 Ultra. It has been a fantastic device for me. I would never go with the FE version of a Samsung phone as I want all the bells and whistles.

I've been using it for a week, and I really can't say enough good things about it. The build quality's excellent, the display is awesome and super bright with the ability to use 120hz refresh rate with 1080 OR 1440 resolution, unlike previous generation models, battery life has been all day for me, and you can also use the s - pen! The thing I dislike the most is not being able to use micro SD cards. Other then that, it's great. And I'm super stoked to have a device that is still relatively new and will get updates for a long time. I received three security patches for it since I got it, the latest one being October. None of my other devices have received that.

I would highly recommend it, especially at a good price. I don't know how you feel, but I can post the link to where I got mine if you like.

Yeah I got the Fe lol but I want the s21 ultra, but I don't want to go back into buying and selling so I just keep it but right now you can get a mint one for probably 500 off swappa.

Good deal especially with the S21 still going for around 350 used.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I hate Swappa. I don't know why everyone recommends it. I have had 3-4 experiences on there, and only one of them were good. You don't get any kind of return policy mostly without paying some kind of ridiculous re-stocking fee, and basically only have the support of paypal if something goes wrong. After my last device I bought on there was listed as "mint, like new," but yet came with dead pixels all over the screen for 600 dollars, I swore I would never use it again.

I was more than happy to get the S21 Ultra from Ebay though considering that it literally looked brand new. There wasn't a scratch or a mark on it. I have a 30 day return policy, with the seller covering shipping costs with NO re-stocking fee, and after that, a one year warranty for my device if anything should come up that would be an issue. You really can't beat that.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I am definitely holding onto my s21U, maybe into s24 if they cut the ram as they appear to be doing to the 23. It's been a fantastic phone. Got the 512 16 ram option.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I would have opted for the 512gb, but I didn't feel like paying the extra money as they had them on ebay for 700 before tax. I have found a way though to sort of use an SD card still.

Just get an external reader, plug in the sd card, and voila. Transfer the files. It sucks that they're not on your phone, but hey, it will solve storage problems which is my main concern.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm still loving mine and I use the sh*t out of it. Watching videos, taking photos like everywhere (and the moonshots.......<muah>). I didn't go with the S22 Ultra, mainly after hearing about the battery life, but also, I have the Razer Kishi and the S22 Ultra does not fit in it. Major deal breaker! I'm hoping Razer corrects that for future models.

I'm considering the S23 Ultra with that 'improved' 200 MP camera, but it's like buying a first gen vehicle. I kind of want to wait just to be safe. I used to purchase every new model, but cooled off after the S21 as the improvements have really slowed down. Maybe I'll check out the deals and I may upgrade, but we'll see.