S21 Ultra Sound issue

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just upgraded from a Galaxy S7 Edge to the new S21 Ultra and I immediately noticed while on a phone call the media audio for videos and music is extremely low and muffled while on a phone call unlike the S7 Edge which plays both phone call audio and media audio flawlessly at correct volumes at the same time.

Can anyone suggest to me a phone other than the S21 Ultra that has good media volume while on phone calls as I am on the phone a majority of my day and I liked the media volume and phone volume the way they were on the S7 Edge but its time for a upgrade so any help would be aoppreciated.

Dragoth

Sep 14, 2021
Visit site
its still doing it even after a suggested factory reset by Samsung so I'm thinking this is a actual problem with the phone anyone with a S21 Ultra that could confirm the issue with as well? While on a phone call try to listen to music or play a game or listen to anything media related it degrades the media sound quite a bit. looking forward to any suggestions or feedback

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
its still doing it even after a suggested factory reset by Samsung so I'm thinking this is a actual problem with the phone anyone with a S21 Ultra that could confirm the issue with as well? While on a phone call try to listen to music or play a game or listen to anything media related it degrades the media sound quite a bit. looking forward to any suggestions or feedback
OK but you restored from s7 back up after factory reset?
Go into safe mode see if it sti happens?

Dragoth

Sep 14, 2021
Visit site
If I'm in safe mode I'm not able to make a call to test it the issue is while on a phone call. When I did the factory reset I didn't use my s7 settings I just booted up the phone normally and it still does the same thing while on a phone call if I try and watch a YouTube video or do anything with media the sound for media is really low I mean the call volume stays good but it seems like Samsung has opted for poorer sound chips on these newer more expensive phones.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1