S21 Ultra to Pixel 7 Pro question

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I plan on getting the P7P on Google's black Friday deal.
Looking to get an unlocked phone want to move away from VZ locked phones, is it just simply take the sim from the S21 Ultra and place in the P7P? then copy all data, and files.?
Will VZ recognize the new phone and have it work on their network?
Is there more to this?
Would prefer not to order a VZ locked phone.

Thanks

Fred

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you're planning to buy from Google and are in the US, DM me. I have a code to get you a $100 Google Store credit after your purchase is complete, for accessories or other stuff you can buy there. Using my code also gets me a $100 credit at the Google store...

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I plan on getting the P7P on Google's black Friday deal.
Looking to get an unlocked phone want to move away from VZ locked phones, is it just simply take the sim from the S21 Ultra and place in the P7P? then copy all data, and files.?
Will VZ recognize the new phone and have it work on their network?
Is there more to this?
Would prefer not to order a VZ locked phone.

Thanks

Fred

I'm on Verizon and purchased an unlocked P7P from Best Buy. Upon getting home after BB switched data & Sim card from my P6, I had an email from Verizon informing me that the Sim had been switched out. The phone worked just fine on Verizon, and the email from Verizon was a courtesy note, I'm sure. It will be no problem for you to do this, either. Best of luck on getting your new phone!

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from the S22+ to the P7P yesterday and the setup was super easy. It prompts you as you set it up when to insert your sim card. I'm on Verizon as well and bought unlocked from the Google store.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from the S22+ to the P7P yesterday and the setup was super easy. It prompts you as you set it up when to insert your sim card. I'm on Verizon as well and bought unlocked from the Google store.

How did you transfer data / apps from Samsung to P7P?

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
How did you transfer data / apps from Samsung to P7P?
It asks you if you want to. Search YouTube for Pixel 7 setup. I found a video that shows you every step. Android phones are getting easier to set up every year. Data is backed up to the cloud. If have passwords saved through Google passwords, then it will automatically login to most apps. For any apps that don't automatically login, I can go to Google passwords and look them up. Or change them if I have to. Some people will choose not to transfer any data or apps so they can start fresh. I've never done that and have had no issues. You plug in your old phone to your new one and it transfers your data, accounts and then proceeds to download the apps from the Play store. Probably should give it a few hours before really being able to fully use the phone as I had two system updates that had to be downloaded and installed in the background, which killed my battery. Your first few days of battery life will suck until it optimizes itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173