S22 I cant talk to text

TheSoundThatSnow

Mar 30, 2023
Visit site
Hi I use to own an s10. When I was sending a message and wanted to talk instead of type all I had to do was press the bixby button on the left side of the phone and talk. No problem. I upgraded to an s22 and I cant figure out how to do it. I hold down the centre bixby button when texting and it just repeats crap back to me or tells me the dam temperature. Does anyone know how to change my speech to actual words on a message I am sending? I am not using the Samsung keyboard. I use a 3*4 old Nokia style one. Thanks you. Snow.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that feature is only available IF you're using the Samsung Keyboard. Changing your input method will automatically disable the 'push to dictate' feature and the only voice-to-text option will be dependent on your keyboard of choice.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
I'm not familiar with that keyboard but Swift key , Google Gboard and Samsung keyboard you can all do this .

Go to settings>general management>text to speech and choose Google as default not Samsung for better voice to text

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
I'm not familiar with that keyboard but Swift key , Google Gboard and Samsung keyboard you can all do this .

Go to settings>general management>text to speech and choose Google as default not Samsung for better voice to text
OP is asking about the side-key shortcut, though... While all the ones you mentioned do have voice-to-text options, unless you use the Samsung Keyboard, the side key will not be available as a quick 'press to dictate' option when typing text. (You can still use Google's voice to text engine, however, just the keyboard has to be Samsung's).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OP is asking about the side-key shortcut, though... While all the ones you mentioned do have voice-to-text options, unless you use the Samsung Keyboard, the side key will not be available as a quick 'press to dictate' option when typing text. (You can still use Google's voice to text engine, however, just the keyboard has to be Samsung's).
Dang I miss the mention of side key button, thanks Spook

TheSoundThatSnow

Mar 30, 2023
Visit site
Thanks guys. I am just so use to using the old style Nokia keyboard that using the Samsung one is very difficult for me. I can type a very long message very quickly using the 3*4 old style one. But typing one letter at a time (especially with my big fat fingers) is quite time consuming. I wonder does Samsung do an old style board? Probably not. Ill take the advice given and see what I can do. Thanks for the help. Its still strange that it was possible on the s10 but when I do quite a big upgrade to s22. it doesn't work. :( . Again I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Cheers. Snow.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks guys. I am just so use to using the old style Nokia keyboard that using the Samsung one is very difficult for me. I can type a very long message very quickly using the 3*4 old style one. But typing one letter at a time (especially with my big fat fingers) is quite time consuming. I wonder does Samsung do an old style board? Probably not. Ill take the advice given and see what I can do. Thanks for the help. Its still strange that it was possible on the s10 but when I do quite a big upgrade to s22. it doesn't work. :( . Again I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Cheers. Snow.
Samsung keyboard in landscape mode are more spaced apart or any of the keyboard I mentioned

Reactions: Laura Knotek

TheSoundThatSnow

Mar 30, 2023
Visit site
Samsung keyboard in landscape mode are more spaced apart or any of the keyboard I mentioned
Thank you for that. I think ill give that a go. I was so use to using that function on my s10 that even though I have upgraded to a s22 with 256gb I actually miss my s10. But I think it will always take a while to get tue to a new phone. Ill try everything suggested and see if I can get a decent keyboard experience. Thanks guys

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for that. I think ill give that a go. I was so use to using that function on my s10 that even though I have upgraded to a s22 with 256gb I actually miss my s10. But I think it will always take a while to get tue to a new phone. Ill try everything suggested and see if I can get a decent keyboard experience. Thanks guys
Your welcome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae