S3 Classic scratches?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There are at least 2 threads about the S3 Frontier getting scratches or marks easily. My S2 Classic has held up great, as did my previous Gear 2.

Anyone have the S3 Classic and noticed that it scratches easy?

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
All the bezel scratches on my frontier come off with my fingernail. It has a satin finish that rubs off whatever you bump it on. But I can't say on the classic.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
thread necro, but I got a S3 Frontier a month or so ago, and I have had some bumps on stuff, but not a mark on it. Solid product

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have scratched the case of the S3 Classic between the mounts for the lugs when changing bands. I have also scratched the bezel which looks worse in this pic than in normal lighting.

Attachments

• 8587.jpg
    8587.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 87

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My 6 month old S3 Frontier doesn't have a scratch on it. I work with livestock on my horse farm on a daily basis and all that entails. I've bumped it numerous times. Biggest maintenance thing for me is cleaning out the hay dust that inevitably gets lodged in the gaps between the band and watch. Which is to say it's not a big thing at all. I simply flush it out with some water at night and buff it dry with a soft cloth. Solid watch. So very impressed.

bksalt

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Six months in with my S3 Frontier and not a scratch or mark on it I work manual labor out side ans it has held up better than ever expected. Well done Samsung :D

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I hit my S3 Frontier pretty hard today and nothing.

The other day I banged it into the wall pretty fierce, took the paint off the wall, but the Frontier was fine

Super_Netman

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
I know this is a few months old but I recently had this same problem. The gear S3 classic will scratch, and is especially noticeable on the polished part of the watch case where the watch band attaches, but it has to scrape against something fairly hard. Luckily if you do scratch that area of the S3 Classic, you can buff it out safely.

Do this ONLY for the S3 Classic! :

You need to get some small pieces of masking tape to tape off the brushed side of the watch and tape off the bezel as well.

You should only have the part you want polished exposed. Next you want to get "Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish" and a Q-tip.

Get a very very light coating on your Q-tip and lightly rub where the scratch is several times. You only need slight pressure.

Make a few passes then take a soft clean cloth and wipe the polish off to see your progress.

You may need to make a few more passes till the scratch is completely buffed out.

After your final passes, wipe off the polish, take off the tape and buff clean with a soft cloth.

If you are very careful this should work perfectly and make your Gear S3 classic look just as good as the day you pulled it out of the box!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quartetman