S3 close All Tasks menu, where is it?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm a S5 guy, have an old 'S' that is still in service.

I have a good trucker buddy friend who is on the road all the time. He let his AT&T S3 update last night (12/13/2014) while he was sleeping and now, he is having a frustrating experience.

He used to be able to close everything in one fell swoop.

Now, he has to back out of the browser screens one after the other, until finally, he gets the 1st one cleared off.
This is totally unacceptable, as he is rolling down the highway and needs to do a single keystroke to clear all tasks.

What changed in this last update?

On my S5, I just tap the Menu button and Recent Task comes up and then I touch "Close All".

He can't find anything like that. I have no clue which 4.x he is using now, nor does he. He is not a techno geek.

He talks on it, he surfs the web on it, and that is all.

just as an adjunct: (We both wear Blue Parrott trucker's BT headsets, and his S3 is mounted to the truck's dash in a holder. So we both are Hands Free...)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
On my S5, I just tap the Menu button and Recent Task comes up and then I touch "Close All".
Tell him to try holding the Home button down until he gets the Recent Apps screen. The lower right corner should be a trash can sitting on a document (trash can in front of some horizontal lines). Press that and they all go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty