S3 Frontier and Samsung Pay

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with the S3 Frontier and Samsung Pay? Mine doesn't work after the update. I am using it on the phone with no problem.

Thank You

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
No, but you could simply reset the watch and re-set it up. It's not that much hassle. I had to do it once when my Samsung Pay stopped working a while back.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with the S3 Frontier and Samsung Pay? Mine doesn't work after the update. I am using it on the phone with no problem.

Thank You
Yes, mine won't set up after the update either. Have done a factory reset and still won't work. The Samsung pay plug-in updated as well. When I try and connect it just spins and says it can't connect to the watch and to check Bluetooth. Watch is connected to the phone via Bluetooth. Update has been crap so far in my opinion. Hasn't helped with battery life in the least and now apparently has issues with Sammy pay.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring to the latest update from the past couple of weeks?
I don't have any issues. I try to use it whenever I think about it. No issues so far.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Are you referring to the latest update from the past couple of weeks?
I don't have any issues. I try to use it whenever I think about it. No issues so far.
Probably the most recent one. I had to factory reset my watch today due to some other issues I've been having with notifications and whatnot and I once I did that Samsung pay had the connection issue and can't get it to work.

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, mine won't set up after the update either. Have done a factory reset and still won't work. The Samsung pay plug-in updated as well. When I try and connect it just spins and says it can't connect to the watch and to check Bluetooth. Watch is connected to the phone via Bluetooth. Update has been crap so far in my opinion. Hasn't helped with battery life in the least and now apparently has issues with Sammy pay.
To get past the connection failure I had to go into Apps in setup on the phone and clear both cache and memory in the Samsung Pay Plug-in. Then I was able to re-setup Samsung Pay on the watch.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
To get past the connection failure I had to go into Apps in setup on the phone and clear both cache and memory in the Samsung Pay Plug-in. Then I was able to re-setup Samsung Pay on the watch.
Thx for the idea. Tried but no joy. I'll keep messing with things and see if I can figure it out.

Rodzp

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have used it a few times since the last update with no issues. Have you installed any new apps on the phone by chance?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
After the last update there is a delay in receiving receipt notification on the watch other than that fine

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just looked over the apps and there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. I will probably wait for the Tizen update from Verizon and if that doesn't work I will reset it again. I tried again yesterday and scanning the watch after hitting pay did nothing, it is as though it was invisible. I tried turning NFC off and will try that. Not a big deal but it used to work great,

crawfpm

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Looks like I now have the same issue. Can't connect. Wiped out my card and now can't connect to Samsung Pay and setup my card again.

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same for me. Keeps telling me it can’t connect to the phone even though I’m sitting here seeing my gear connected to phone over Bluetooth.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine works fine, but I have the T-Mobile model and noticed you have the Verizon one.
Wonder if that has to do with any of this...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette