S4 AMOLED burn in issues?

totalsmoshy

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having any problems with amoled burn in? I can't decide between the S4 and HTC One but the burn in problem makes me hesitant to get the S4.
I f you answer, thank you! :D

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for the s4 but my daughters s3 that she's had since black Friday has issues with burn in

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It'll happen that is a problem with amoled screens. When I hide my status bar and navigation bar in my nexus its there. S4 no different just still pretty new.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've owned a Galaxy SII, Note 2, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy S4...all AMOLED, never an issue with burn-in. There ARE some blotches of deep, black pixels when the screen is showing an all-black and the dimming is right, but that's visible only with a very low light and it's not really an issue, just how these screens work.

totalsmoshy

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I've owned a Galaxy SII, Note 2, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy S4...all AMOLED, never an issue with burn-in. There ARE some blotches of deep, black pixels when the screen is showing an all-black and the dimming is right, but that's visible only with a very low light and it's not really an issue, just how these screens work.
That's great. But it seems a lot of people have started boycotting all amoled devices because they claim they had burn in issues.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I've never had any issues with screens on my Galaxy phones (s2, s3, Note 2, s4). I've never really been too concerned about them though. I generally don't keep a phone long enough to encounter any issues with that though. I guess we will see how well my s4 does! I've had it for a few weeks now and no problems yet and I do plan on keeping my s4 until I upgrade in March. I love this phone! If I do encounter any burn-in issues, I will take it up with Sprint haha.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never had any issues with screens on my Galaxy phones (s2, s3, Note 2, s4). I've never really been too concerned about them though. I generally don't keep a phone long enough to encounter any issues with that though. I guess we will see how well my s4 does! I've had it for a few weeks now and no problems yet and I do plan on keeping my s4 until I upgrade in March. I love this phone! If I do encounter any burn-in issues, I will take it up with Sprint haha.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's great. But it seems a lot of people have started boycotting all amoled devices because they claim they had burn in issues.
Any sources? It's the first time I've heard about it, actually... Not trying to be antagonistic, just really curious about this as, again, I've never heard about issues with burn-in, let alone a boycott movement on these devices.

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Have had my S4 since mothers day and not experienced this issue at all!

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4

totalsmoshy

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Any sources? It's the first time I've heard about it, actually... Not trying to be antagonistic, just really curious about this as, again, I've never heard about issues with burn-in, let alone a boycott movement on these devices.
I don't think there are any specific sources. Just on some threads and forums. Sometimes in comments of articles or reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there are any specific sources. Just on some threads and forums. Sometimes in comments of articles or reviews.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Catzy96