S5 Freezing Up

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Is everyone that is having this problem using the S-view case? I know the dot case for the M8 if you had it folded behind the phone locked the screen up. You had to keep it open like a book. Not sure if that was fixed or not with the dot case or not. Maybe the S-view case is causing some kind of software glitch?

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Is everyone that is having this problem using the S-view case? I know the dot case for the M8 if you had it folded behind the phone locked the screen up. You had to keep it open like a book. Not sure if that was fixed or not with the dot case or not. Maybe the S-view case is causing some kind of software glitch?

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

I'm not using a case and still having problems.

Posted via Android Central App

Lou King

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the AirWatch Agent app installed (is required as part of my company's MDM policy) . I uninstalled it three days ago and have had no frozen screen issues since.

I'm not exactly sure why, but it seems to have worked for me. Only trouble is now I cannot get work emails on my personal phone!

noellenoelle

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing, from Day One. Tonight, trying to get it back on, I pushed the power button three times and sent all my family emergency alerts that I was IN TROUBLE, LOL.

Took out battery, turned back on, and sought an OTA update, and yep, there was one, it's taking a few minutes to install. Hope it helps.

Steve Pattah

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I got my Galaxy s5 the first day of the release.... about 2 weeks ago... My phone is starting to lag a lot and freeze.... I also noticed my camera is shutting off alone... My facebook freezes and I get a black screen for about 2-3 minutes.... I am just installing this update right now to see if it fixes the issue.....

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Before you take the phone back to the carrier, you may want to try a simple Factory reset just to make sure the OS didn't get corrupted during install...you will be starting over with a new phone anyway so it's worth a try. Also, there is always a chance a corrupted/old app is giving you problems. I any case a reset is worth a try!

Cheers

RoDellongue

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Same thing, here. ESPECIALLY on facebook, it freezes a lot. One of these days it wouldn't even wake up. I'm guessing it's some software issue that should go away with an update though?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
A guy I work with was having issues waking up his phone, he would hit the home and power button several times before the screen would light up. He had the Smart Remote app on the lock screen, we went into settings of the app and disabled it, it was fine after doing that.

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
A guy I work with was having issues waking up his phone, he would hit the home and power button several times before the screen would light up. He had the Smart Remote app on the lock screen, we went into settings of the app and disabled it, it was fine after doing that.

Trying it now - thanks. Hopefully it's as simple as that for me too.

Posted via Android Central App

cangel44

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I am having same issues daily. It will freeze, turn black and my only option is to remove the battery manually and restart. Phone is also not as fast as when I first got it.

WretchedM3

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problems. It will sometimes happen multiple times daily or go a week with out problems. T-Mobile pretty much told me to get lost when I tried buyers remorse! Really irritating that I paid for this phone in full having these problems while being told to get bent! Update didn't help my phone at all. TMO just keeps making clear the cache.. They even told me on a high end phone like this I should restart it daily and boot into recovery weekly to clear the cache. What kind of BS is that?! Damn I wish I would have bought the M8 now..

I forgot to mention I also have weird issues like accuweather widget doesn't update and google keep widget wont update. OH! There is no option for group text! I need this for work! Stock app nor google hangouts will do it. I can create a group but all replies come in separate.. I am really regretting this phone choice. My S3 was amazing my S4 a little less nexus 5 even less and now the S5 way less!

Last edited:

katieboosmom

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S5 on 5/3/14. At first did not have any problems, now it randomly freezes. I don't have a S view case, so I do not think that is what's causing problems. I will be taking the phone back to the store since I'm still within the 14 days.
@WretchedM3 - I group text all the time.

WretchedM3

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
The option for group text that others point out is not available on my phone! I just dont understand the issue! I tried TMO again today and got the same response. The canned thank you so much for being a customer routine but please get bent. I swapped my sim back into the Nexus 5 and will wait for a software update. Or I could take a massive loss and resell my phone to TMO for 350!!!

Edit: That TMO add for the S5 makes me angry while I was posting this! Such is life I guess..

TheFonZSke

May 14, 2014
Visit site
It started with the Gallery App being super laggy and crashing the phone. Now it crashes when not even being used and wont restart via power button. Have to eject battery to get it to start up.
Took to Sprint store. Couldn't get the phone to do Factory Reset. Tech at store was able to factory reset and yet it is still crashing.
Sprint is now sending me a new one.

Not a whiz with the phone but do like it. Was an S3 user and now an S5 user. And new to forums. Will check it out. Aloha.

rsmith729

May 17, 2014
Visit site
My wife just got the s4 it was freezing all of the time took it back in got another new one still the same issue is happening took it back and they gave her the s5 and it still freezing. In apps the home screen to unlock your phone only way to fix it is by pulling battery, does anyone have any ideas what I can do? I don't think we got three bad brand new phones in a row.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend