S5 Photo problems

elane500

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have an s5 and random pictures are showing with half or all grey over the pictures. I can't seem to figure out why this is happening.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are those photos on the microSD card? If so, either the files are corrupt, or the card is faulty.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Check the lense. Is it cracked?

Next clean the lense. Might help, can't hurt.
Are they indoor? Close up? Action?

Posted via Android Central App

Linda Lee

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. Verizon replaced my phone. The new one worked fine until I installed a card and had the photos taken stored there, then the problem got worse and the photo won't open at all. It doesn't happen to every photo on this phone but the prior phone deleted every photo I had taken since 2011. GRRRR. Stupidly I hadn't backed them up.

Amy Ayy

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same exact issue and I am almost certain it is because of this horrible Android update that recently came out. I am trying to find a solution to this issue, but haven't found anything yet.

Shannon916

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Mine started doing this the other day. Now my Gallery is completely blacked out and is causing my camera to not function. Funny tho, I'm able to go into messages and add a photo by using the camera. The camera just won't work on its own. I've only had the phone a few months. Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear