S6 camera problem ??

hrrsncrawford

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
So I just recently got a S6 edge and I love everything about it ! But often times when I launch the camera it starts to make a buzzing noise and the screen gets all wavy and doesn't focus for a while.. What could be wrong and are there any solutions?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the buzzing coming from the speaker or the actual camera module? If it's coming from the camera module, I'd wonder if the autofocus mechanism is faulty. How new is the phone? If it's pretty new, don't waste much more time and bring it back to the store for an exchange. Otherwise, you can always contact Samsung for warranty repair.

hrrsncrawford

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Definitely coming from the camera module. And I see Samsung has a store in Atlanta, I guess I'll make a trip there next week. Thanks

Amochi013

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey I had the same problem. Does it happen when the camera auto focuses? Does it feel like its "stuck"? If so, it probably has dust inside the camera lense like mine did. I called samsung and sent it to them with a label they provided me with. It takes around a week for them to get the device, fix it, and send it back. Call samsung and have them fix it for free

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that confirmation! I'd still try bringing it directly to a Samsung store, to see if they can actually replace the whole phone right there. Sending it out for repairs might put the phone at risk for some other unforeseen mishap during the repair process.

Amochi013

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I sent it to samsung and got it back with no visible changes (except that my camera was fixed) they are part of samsung so they are trustworthy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781