S6 Edge - Battery has been terrible from the start! What are my options?

A

AC Question

S6 Edge - Battery has been terrible from the start!

From day 1 I thought that the battery life of my Samsung S6 Edge was pretty bad. The only apps that I have on my phone is Whatsapp, Messenger(I deleted Facebook app to see if it was the problem but it's not, but I still havnt reinstalled it), Chrome, Waze ( hardly ever use, and the one time I used it the phone got extremely hot!!), Skype, and Light Manager. I have my screen brightness near to the very bottom, very dim. My location services are OFF. Google account's do not sync. I have 2 email accounts on the default email application and only things that Sync are whatsapp and messenger My phone is connected to Wifi most of the day and the signal is always strong. I lose about 1% for every 3 minutes of my screen being on, weather I'm using Whatsapp, looking around in settings, or reading a text message or email. I average about 2 hours - 2.5 hours of Screen On Time until my battery is drained or at 5% at the very most.

I have taken my phone to Samsung and they did something to it for an hour and wiped it and said it should solve the issue, which it did not! I also restarted my phone by pressing the power, volume up, and home keys and cleared that cache thing that I saw on a Youtube video that helped some people, but unfortunately not me!

I also notice that most of my RAM is always used up and I'm not sure why? It's always above 70% used up even right after I restart the phone.

I am not sure what to do now, is this normal for the S6 Edge? How could this ever be normal for any phone? Especially the top of the range phone with a heavy price tag? What did I pay for? A downgrade?? That's what it feels like to my dismay!

The one thing that I am thankful for is the one year warranty and that I can take my phone in so that they can rip it apart (who knows with what level of care) and put another battery in which will hopefully deliver enough capacity to see me through the day rather than only half a day! I certainly DO NOT wish to downgrade to having to charge my phone twice over the course of a 24 hour period, that is ridiculous! The amount of people with s6 Edge's that are having terrible battery life is alarming to me and potentially grounds for a recall of this model because as beautiful as it is it's simply not practical, especially if you are use to your s5 still having 30% + battery at the end of the night even after heavy use and then getting a new "upgraded" phone that I have to be mindful of my usage with if I want it to get me through the day until I'm back home from work. Very very disappointed and I'm not so sure if I'm going to remain a fan of Samsung after this experience.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Something sounds wrong. I have an S6 Edge and get about 18 hours on a full charge. I only sync emails but that is done every 15 minutes during work hours. Location services always on, WiFi off. WiFi will use more battery regardless of signal strength.
Don't worry about the RAM. Android doesn't work like Windows and is a lot more efficient.
Have you studied your battery stats for clues? If you could upload a screenshot that would be helpful.
I had an S4 and before I upgraded I was wary about the Edge having read many horror stories such as battery lid and spontaneously cracking screens. So far I'm delighted with the phone and in particular battery life. I didn't have high expectations though. I did have a battery drain issue this week. My weatherwidget started playing up after being on the device since day 1 so I removedit

Tswfootball

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: S6 Edge - Battery has been terrible from the start!

Lol they won't recall anything.

The battery life isn't great on the phone. I always have to charge up when I come home at 5-6 pm.

I think the battery life is similar to the iPhone 6s although that phone has better standby time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow