s7 battery life horrible?

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
T-mobile Regular S7.
I gave it good work out very pleased with results.

Great to know! Specially considering you have a carrier-branded version.
I got a call from Samsung today, my phone is ready to pick up at their store today.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I too had just purchased the S7. Its going on 1 week not. I came from the 2015 Moto X. Battery life was awesome! The S7's battery seems to be draining rather quickly. Other than the common apps that everyone usually DL, I do not have any games and etc... The battery section says that I have 9hrs till empty and it's only been 1hr off the charger.

I had also Cache wiped the phone.... Turned off/on... and also restarted the phone to see if battery life will improve... So far, same thing.

For the ones that were having the same problem. Has the battery life been better? Since the 1st week of purchase? Any update?

Thanks!

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Had mine for about a week now. Battery is a little disappointing. Averaging about 4 hours SoT and i consider myself a modest user. Some emails, social media (FB, IG) texts, Whatsapp. Thats about it. Its not terrible but I was expecting a little better after reading all the comments here about 5 and 6 hours SoT.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I had posted this in another thread. But after I had cache partition wiped... I was getting way better battery life... Heavy usage for about an hour... it's only down to 84% from 100% off the charger. I was also charging it at work with my old Motorola dual port "slow" charger.... Earlier in the week, the S7 would drain rather quickly. Now it's actually "OK". Will keep you posted as the day/week goes!

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Its indeed a little bit dissapoiting.. the promissed 3600 mah battery is exactly 3000 mah... :( cache cleaned, minimum background and disabled all kinds of blootware standard samsung apps but still.. charging to 100%, take it off and whatsapp or browser for 5 minuts and its directly at 97%... getting warm also.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from the S6 to the S7 and I think my battery life is very good. I'm on my first day with a full charge and I've gotten over 20 hours on a single charge.