S7 Edge - Bad Battery Life

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bad Battery

The new updates have decreased battery life. I have had the snapdragon and now the exynos. I have even run a few custom roms. What was achievable 7-8 hours is now at 5-6 hours screen on time. I also have root with greenify and other battery saving measures.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

i bought the S7 edge because those features
not using live wallpers , just some widgets and the ultra save is boring i can use only whataspp

I understand it is boring to put your phone in Ultra Power Saving mode, but it might help us rule out if your battery is bad or if some process is causing the issue.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I understand it is boring to put your phone in Ultra Power Saving mode, but it might help us rule out if your battery is bad or if some process is causing the issue.

Might as well spend far less on a far inferior device if you're going to do that.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Might as well spend far less on a far inferior device if you're going to do that.

I am not suggesting you leave it in power saving mode... however if the issue persist while in that mode then you will most likely need to get the phone replaced.

hishaq96

May 27, 2016
Visit site

Why is android system taking alot. Only used 42 mins of sot and it is already 81%

Attachments

• 1464728442560.jpg
    1464728442560.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 27

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Not too many times before ending up with a dead battery that won't hold a charge. Charge at 50% to 40% - NEVER lower than 40%, unless you want to replace the battery before you need to replace the phone.
Completely disagree with the 40% statement. You are right that it's not wise to let the battery discharge completely...that will certainly shorten the battery life. But unless some new study or finding has just been published, I've never read anything anywhere that said not to let the battery get below 40% before charging, and I've been reading on this stuff for years.

Li Ion batteries have a finite number of charge cycles, and those cycles are made up of the number of "full" charges. For example, if a battery has 10,000 charge cycles, each one of those cycles is represented by a full, 100% charge. That 100% charge could be made up of two 40's and a 20, three 33 percents, five 20 percents, and so on. So it's not how many times you put it on the charger - it's how many times it accumulated 100% of its mAh charge capacity.

Where did you get this 40% number?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Here is some interesting information on the charging subject:

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries – Battery University

IIRC (been a while since I read it) High temperature, running a battery to low voltage and overcharging are the best ways to hurt it. Most likely with these phone it wont let you over charge or undercharge (unless you just keep turning it on when it says it is at zero). I believe that even when the phone says zero it isn't really at "Battery Zero". That being said it is made of components that can fail. I prefer to bump charge at my desk during the day and charge when the phone tells me to at about 15% in most cases. I have never (with new tech) had a battery issue.

Last edited:

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

The new updates have decreased battery life. I have had the snapdragon and now the exynos. I have even run a few custom roms. What was achievable 7-8 hours is now at 5-6 hours screen on time. I also have root with greenify and other battery saving measures.

My battery did not decrease from the latest Verizon update. Unless we think it took 15 days for that to start showing itself. Verizon didn't use the Baseband version ending in 3 though. It seems that is the update that is hurting people's battery. Our update is ...APD2.

refaelagronov

May 29, 2016
Visit site

Yea i know , i bought this phone to play all.day , actualy the phone is beast , this issue started 3 days ago maybe because im charging it 2 much?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I dont think the issue is charging it too much. Based on your previous screen shot you would hit 10 hours with a little over 4 hour screen on time. Are you playing games or just general web surfing? Are you in a strong cell signal area? how does this compare to other phones you have used in the same areas and manner?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

So anyone that has battery life issues should try this. Mine wasnt bad, but I wasn't getting as good of battery life as others. Tried this Package Disable Pro for $0.99 USD and wow.... It has only been less than a day but I am see a noticeable difference. I haven't noticed anything that I am missing in the functionality of the phone so far.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-package-disabler-pro-my-verizon-s7-edge.html

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I dont think the issue is charging it too much. Based on your previous screen shot you would hit 10 hours with a little over 4 hour screen on time. Are you playing games or just general web surfing? Are you in a strong cell signal area? how does this compare to other phones you have used in the same areas and manner?

Mine doesn't even compare with this same phone a couple of months ago and from what I gather a lot of users are reporting the same since a software update.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

So anyone that has battery life issues should try this. Mine wasnt bad, but I wasn't getting as good of battery life as others. Tried this Package Disable Pro for $0.99 USD and wow.... It has only been less than a day but I am see a noticeable difference. I haven't noticed anything that I am missing in the functionality of the phone so far.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-package-disabler-pro-my-verizon-s7-edge.html

I am using this and I notice no difference. My battery life is still draining

Posted via the Android Central App

Thomas Gruver

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I've lost 22% in 80 minutes from full charge.... started a few days ago. No new apps.

Samsung mail app seems to be running highest.

Posted via the Android Central App

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have an S6, I use Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook Web Access as my email clients.

I set them to only check email every 30 or 60 minutes.

I had U-verse and the email uses Yahoo Servers. I found that using the actual Yahoo app, changes made in the app (like deleting emails and folders, translate to the yahoo mail website as well. But, using the Google mail app, emails stayed on the "server" unless you go in an tweak the settings.