S7 Edge - Bad Battery Life

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've lost 22% in 80 minutes from full charge.... started a few days ago. No new apps.

Samsung mail app seems to be running highest.

Posted via the Android Central App

Best bet is to either disable the app, or clear the app data and then wipe your cache partition...looks like something got buggy.

danwwright

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps a stupid question on the use of the app, but does it save the disabled app settings after a restart, or do you have to do the Export and re-import?

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys, if you get a chance to buy the exynos version in the US instead of the snapdragon do it. The lack of Samsung Pay kinda sucks but man, the battery life is leaps and bounds better on the exynos. I use cricket bc I get unlimited data on AT&T towers for $65 a month. That could have something to do with it but I was using 2 different AT&T branded S7 Edge. Maybe all of that bloatware does more than just take up space. I always disable them as soon as I setup a device. Any ideas why the battery is so much better for me on the Exynos?

Maybe it is just Samsung getting more time with the exynos so it is optimized better. There are a couple of reviewers on Youtube that have had similar findings.

tstolz

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Guys, if you get a chance to buy the exynos version in the US instead of the snapdragon do it. The lack of Samsung Pay kinda sucks but man, the battery life is leaps and bounds better on the exynos. I use cricket bc I get unlimited data on AT&T towers for $65 a month. That could have something to do with it but I was using 2 different AT&T branded S7 Edge. Maybe all of that bloatware does more than just take up space. I always disable them as soon as I setup a device. Any ideas why the battery is so much better for me on the Exynos?

Maybe it is just Samsung getting more time with the exynos so it is optimized better. There are a couple of reviewers on Youtube that have had similar findings.

The guys on this thread seem to have been able to get Samsung Pay working. But flashing a new firmware and all is a bit foreign to me... Anyone here have experience doing that? Any success with Samsung Pay on an Exynos version with 2 sims?

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
It's one of the few times its been a good thing to be from Australia in regards to technology lol. Yesterday my Exynos version lasted eight hours and 25 minutes screen on time

Last edited:

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea... the SD 820 on Verizon will never get those kind up numbers unless I go Airplane Mode all day...LOL

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the AT&T s7 edge and with no power savings on the lowest I have seen mine is at 69% after a 14 hour day. The Verizon must be running some serious background apps.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding it is the network that uses more power... but I get great signal EVERYWHERE so I put up with it.

When I changed from GSM network to CMDA i noticed a drop in battery on the same model of phone.

tnt4

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Battery hand-holding. Still a PITA on Android. I love you Android but I'm tired of this type of stuff and seeing these threads on almost every flagship that comes out. It shouldn't be this complicated after all of these years IMHO.

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Battery hand-holding. Still a PITA on Android. I love you Android but I'm tired of this type of stuff and seeing these threads on almost every flagship that comes out. It shouldn't be this complicated after all of these years IMHO.

It's not complicated unless some makes it so, or gets the occasional bad application or bad device. I do battery testing of both Android and iOS devices, so don't even pretend it does not happen to iPhones. It is a more controlled environment, but it still happens on occasion. My wife pulled her HTC out of the box and has been using it for over a year. Her phone has never run out of power in less than a day, and she usually end up with more than 50% at bedtime. She's a big music and YouTube user as well, in addition to having wifi, Bluetooth, 4G LTE data, and GPS on 24/7. This is her first non-Apple phone, and she's lovin it. The other aspect is that Apple intentionally skews the battery percent display to give the users a perception of better battery life. This is why Apple does not allow any apps that display the actual battery voltage.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's not complicated unless some makes it so, or gets the occasional bad application or bad device. I do battery testing of both Android and iOS devices, so don't even pretend it does not happen to iPhones. It is a more controlled environment, but it still happens on occasion. My wife pulled her HTC out of the box and has been using it for over a year. Her phone has never run out of power in less than a day, and she usually end up with more than 50% at bedtime. She's a big music and YouTube user as well, in addition to having wifi, Bluetooth, 4G LTE data, and GPS on 24/7. This is her first non-Apple phone, and she's lovin it. The other aspect is that Apple intentionally skews the battery percent display to give the users a perception of better battery life. This is why Apple does not allow any apps that display the actual battery voltage.

Not always the case. I had outstanding battery, got a system update, didn't change one app or setting, and now have very average battery that's coming in around 50% of the screen time that I had before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz