S7 Edge over Note 4

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
The edge looks nice and all but it's also very fragile while the n4 is a tank. Scratched back ? replace Heck there is even a mont blanc case for this beauty.

Samsung going with fragile glass over real leather or aluminum build was the wrong decision ... But the biggest downgrade is obviously the non removable battery, great the SD card is back it's time to also bring back a removable battery with the Note 6 because as the G5 has shown everyone premium built and removable battery aren't an anomaly anymore. In my mind they never were because the G4 to me was the best looking phone last year
LG and Samsung just need to offer this Android ui as skins

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The edge looks nice and all but it's also very fragile while the n4 is a tank. Scratched back ? replace Heck there is even a mont blanc case for this beauty.

Samsung going with fragile glass over real leather or aluminum build was the wrong decision ... But the biggest downgrade is obviously the non removable battery, great the SD card is back it's time to also bring back a removable battery with the Note 6 because as the G5 has shown everyone premium built and removable battery aren't an anomaly anymore. In my mind they never were because the G4 to me was the best looking phone last year
LG and Samsung just need to offer this Android ui as skins

If I can use my S7 edge for 2 days. Why do I need a removable battery.
The battery is a 3600 ah.

The samsung people said 1% of their people needs a removable battery.
So they discontinued it.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
If I can use my S7 edge for 2 days. Why do I need a removable battery.
The battery is a 3600 ah.

The samsung people said 1% of their people needs a removable battery.
So they discontinued it.
Not going to name the benefits again, everyone knows them. Samsung tried to dumb sell their customers last year with the removal of 2 beloved features, simple as that.

I'm sure the SD 820 is a beast and great soc but for whatever reason people outside NA are stuck with the Exynos (which means less custom Roms = no go).

It will be interesting to see if Samsung can get back on track with the Note 6. But yeah ip 68 is very nice

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Samsung has some models coming out in other parts of the world with a metal back and removable battery. It may trickle into future american models

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I know that would make a lot of folks happy for a removable battery.
Think after they see how well the Note 6 is gonna do. They might change their minds.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I know that would make a lot of folks happy for a removable battery.
Think after they see how well the Note 6 is gonna do. They might change their minds.
What I'm trying to say is Samsung releases a ton of phones per year, the company should be able to hare something for almost everybody.

S series - gorgeous design, high end flagship, form over function design
Note - productivity beast, function over form design, high end phablet
Active series - function over form, high end for the outdoor warriors. Love love that series has 3 physical buttons
A series - mid range budget friendly

I think the Edge is gorgeous but for me it would be too fragile and a fingerprint magnet. I'm also using the S Pen A lot especially after ive eaten something or late night at a party when my finger coordination isn't the best anymore lol

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I am a note 4 and 5 user and I decided to try the s7 edge, and Wow! I love this phone! Stunning screen! Amazing phone! Bye bye note 5!...The best phone on the market!

Posted via the Android Central App

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Loving it over the Note 4. I was trying to make my note 4 do things it wasn't designed to do. For example, to make the note 4 do adaptive display with a lock screen, I was using four different apps and it wasn't flawless. The s7e has it built in. I never used the pen on the note 4. But now that I've been playing with the edge a bit, i really like the edge technology. I like the size of the s7e also. with a slim case it fits better in my hand and my pocket. In comparing phones, it seemed like the note 4 beat the s7e in the camera department, just in size. But I like the camera. I also like Marshmallow, which I doubt the Note 4 will ever receive. With the deal I got and the $200 trade-in for my phone, I got the s7e for cheap... I'm sure after I press enter a few more things will come up.

Last edited:

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
S7 Edge can only impress those folks who don't use Spen or don't know how to use their Spen ( I meant wrt productivity) on their note series. Just my opinion. I have note edge by the way.

Posted via the Android Central App

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I went from the note 4 to the S7 edge as well. What I miss most is the S pen and the slightly bigger screen. But the size of the S7 edge is enough for me...

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
4 to S7e is a no question - no brainer if you can swing it DO it. 5 to S7e bit harder to justify. If you need the s-pen I suggest keeping your 4 for another 6 months and see what the Note 6 has to offer.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I got no problem with the S7 edge.
It's fast and got a nice keyboard.
I don't have little hands. So it's not so slick it falls out of my hands.
Been trying to find a silicone cade for it.
I got a leather holster that clips on my pants that I slide it in that I used to use for my S6.
Phones are changing. And for the better
Technology is changing. You are gonna have to climb out of the hole & change with it or get left behind.