S7 Edge - Sam's Club - $100 gift card with preorder & VR

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i didn't see this posted yet. But on the homepage of Sam's Club, it says if you pre-order you get the Gear VR and a $100 Sam's Club gift card.

Edit - that title should be $100, originally typed $10

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sam's Club - $10 gift card with preorder & VR

Is it $10 or $100?

Edit it is 100. Nice deal

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sam's Club - $100 gift card with preorder & VR

Does this also apply if you are paying full retail?
Best Buy said nothing free unless a new 2 year contract or payments.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Does this also apply if you are paying full retail?
Best Buy said nothing free unless a new 2 year contract or payments.

Are you sure about that? I ordered through best buy and both SD card and VR are in my cart marked as shipping with my phone on March 11th.

Posted via the Android Central App

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

On my confirmation email it said new line activation, carrier agreement or installment plan is required. I'll attach a screen shot when I get to a computer.

Andrew Curnutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

On my confirmation email it said new line activation, carrier agreement or installment plan is required. I'll attach a screen shot when I get to a computer.

Direct quote from Best buys website states: FREE Samsung Gear VR plus $50 of VR content & Triple Your Memory when you pre-order and purchase or lease and activate the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge ($199.98 value)*.

So it seems either way you will get the free items :)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Direct quote from Best buys website states: FREE Samsung Gear VR plus $50 of VR content & Triple Your Memory when you pre-order and purchase or lease and activate the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge ($199.98 value)*.

So it seems either way you will get the free items :)

My comment was about Sam's club. Not sure if there's really a difference though. Anyhow, the screen shots from my confirmation email is attached and can see it lists the conditions to get the offers.

IMG_0335.jpgIMG_0336.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Yup, the VR should apply to all and any pre-order, maybe even further once the phone is released (expect delays like the one from the free wireless charger offered once upon a time, unless Samsung has stocked up on hundreds of thousands VR units).

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

My comment was about Sam's club. Not sure if there's really a difference though. Anyhow, the screen shots from my confirmation email is attached and can see it lists the conditions to get the offers.

View attachment 217566View attachment 217567

What email app is that in?

Also that Sam's Club verbiage makes it sound like you can't just buy it full price and get the deals. I don't have an upgrade available, so I was just going to pay full price. Might have to skip my beloved Sam's Club

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

What email app is that in?

Also that Sam's Club verbiage makes it sound like you can't just buy it full price and get the deals. I don't have an upgrade available, so I was just going to pay full price. Might have to skip my beloved Sam's Club

Inbox app

And yes I agree. The verbiage does make it sound that way. And seems consistent with some of the people here reporting they were told similar at Best Buy. If a retailer won't sell it to you full price and give the offers, 1st I would challenge them on it. And if they still don't budge, go somewhere else that won't restrict. Worst case, add a new line, purchase the phone on installment and then pay it off immediately and cancel the new line.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

you can do that without getting hit with early termination fees?

Sure if you pay off the phone. Shouldn't be a problem since the intent was to purchase full price anyway. So for anyone being told they must add a new line or upgrade to get the offers they could potentially do this to circumvent the restriction.

Andrew Curnutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 217566View attachment 217567
Hahahaha,I was on my way to going to bed and for some reason thought Best buy. My bad:p