Preordered at Sam's Club AND Best Buy

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
So, I was put on the waitlist at Sam's Club for the preorder. Fearing I wouldn't receive it Day 1 there, I went to Best Buy last night and preordered it there as well. At BB they made me put $50 down to reserve it. This time next week, if Sam's Club emails me and says they have one for me, I'm going to have to go through the cumbersome process of attempting to cancel my BB preorder. Reason being that SC has a MUCH better deal (extra $150 gift card and no activation fee).

But I didn't want to wait around for Sam's Club to may or may not take me off the waitlist, so I figured I'd hold myself in line at two places. Only downside is that I need my upgrade at BB to be completely canceled before I'll be able to buy it at SC. I guess that's the way Sprint works. So if it doesn't cancel in time, I'm SOL. Part of me is kind of hoping SC never emails me so I know I made the right decision haha.

So what do you guys think? Smart or dumb idea?

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Did the same thing. Also pre ordered at target . Sam's has best deal with the 150 card target has 100 but best buy is direct fulfillment so truly they have the best get it all at once but yeah that extra 150 card is very nice.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the wait list email thing too from Sam's club so I also pre-ordered at Target for the $100 gift card offer. Good thing is neither requires you to pay anything to reserve or holding the upgrade up on your account. So if either doesn't come through can just stroll in best buy or att on release day pick one up as last resort.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRNATAREN