S7 Nougat update postponed

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I started the install. It didn't say it was a security patch like it normally would. The install screen looks different. Blue screen and now it's saying system upgrading. Normally it would say updating... Big difference right there. If it's not 7.0 then I'll be disappointed.

Sorry, it isn't - it's 6.0.1 (I'm looking at it now). It did take longer to install and update than other recent updates - I thought it was hanging for a while.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I too am disappointed but I don't think Samsung themselves ever stated the 17th.
But more importantly the updates on most Android phones are becoming a joke.. I am considering an iPhone the next year's version. As I liked Samsung but I miss the ir and removable battery and I don't like the Curved screen with the high risk of breakage... These days the android advantage has gone except for customization but I would prefer updates over that.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Well now I'm pissed... Why the hell would they give us a update for 6.0.1 when we are suppose to be getting the new 7.0... God that makes no freaking sense....

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Although I want the upgraded aod and some of my features from the n7 back I'm in no real hurry for nougat. Even if Samsung releases it in January most of us with carrier phones still have to wait .

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Those of us who were on the beta program are supposed to get the upgrade first.

I am thinking it will be a few months at least before the carriers start with theirs. They have to load the OS with all their bloat. Probably spring for the carrier phones.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Same here unlocked UK XEU and no update.
What's the actual difference between BTU and XEU? Both are sold in UK, both use same English language, there's no hardware difference... I don't see why XEU can't be updated at the same time as BTU. Makes no sense as both recieved beta updates at the same time proving Samsung has the capability to do it.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Just read a thread that BTU come direct from Samsung and XEU is unlocked carrier editions. I got mine from the Samsung experience shop in Liverpool but I didn't realise that this was owned and run by carphone warehouse. They have miniscule signs stating this.

Daniel Barrett

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
People saying they're going to iPhone because they don't get an update when they want it is hilarious. IPhone has had miniscule changes in 10 years, have fun on the dark side. Your loss.

scottwalton

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Easiest way is to download an app called "phone info *Samsung*" this gives you everything you could ever need to know about your phone.

Cheers for that. I have that now...Next stupid question where does it say if it XEU or otherwise. Tons of info but I see nothing that says XEU.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Cheers for that. I have that now...Next stupid question where does it say if it XEU or otherwise. Tons of info but I see nothing that says XEU.
When you open the app it's on general information. Just swipe left and to the next page and it gives you CSC codes. Keep swiping for different pages.