S7E or 6P

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Rear buttons are a big turn off for me. I have an LG V10 that I bought in December. Right now it's being used as my night clock on my nightstand. Reason 1-rear buttons, reason 2- to damn bulky. I had the note 4 prior and it was so nice. Big but not bulky. Very user friendly. Now the S7 edge is a 5.5 incher, but samsung designed it not to feel that big. I also have an S6 edge and that was just a tad to small.

Posted via Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When is the next Nexus coming out? I don't like the 6P. It's too big and I prefer a phone sold at Verizon. Anyway right now the edge 7 for sure.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
iOS software on anything is the worst. I don't want a locked down system that tells me how it should work, I want a system that let's me tell it how I want it.
I wouldn't mind the option of dual booting iOS and Android. If not for the exclusive games alone...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Disagree. iOS is up to date, secure. Is insanely efficient and insanely fast, gets the same battery life with 1/2 the battery size.
And be stuck with an OS that has limited capabilities for customization, limited multitasking, no widgets, and a host of other limitations that Android surpassed years ago. No thanks. I want my phone to work the way I want it to, not the way Steve Jobs thought is should

brainox

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I just wish I could get the best of both smartphones. Galaxy s7 hardware and design and stock android. For me stock android is the only thing that I like about the 6p. Other than that I dont like the big screen size, no sd card slot

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm still a gigantic fan of the front facing speakers. I watch YouTube videos on my 6P over my S7E sometimes.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I own both. For me the S7 Edge is the better phone for me. The 6P is too damn big. The edge hits that size sweet spot and has stellar battery life. Love the edge function and Samsunp Pay. Only wish the edge had the same fingerprint deal as the Nexus.

I could care less about bloatware, not sure why it bothers some but whatever. I use Nova on both so notice no real difference. Will probable sell the 6P.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Both are snappy. S7E is a bit snappier most likely because of the UFS 2.0 which its random read and write speeds are miles ahead the 6P. When the both boot up, side by side for the first minute my S7 is extremely slow, while my 6P is as fast as it can be, then after about 2 minutes my S7 is on par. 6P is a lot smoother in every task, but my S7 is a tiny bit faster, almost unnoticable and doesnt make a difference in real world usage. My 6P is faster in web browsing which is wierd, but doesn't matter as it is minute

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Neither phone is perfect. Both have strong and weak points. I wish the S7 had louder / better speaker(s). I wish the 6P had smaller bezels, an SD card slot, and wireless charging. I have no complaints about the S7s performance for my uses, and like many of the extra features Samsung includes. I wish I could easily delete Samsung and carrier bloatware, though, and wish I could easily use the S7 on any carrier, like the 6P.

There is no perfect phone. There are only phones which meet your needs, or mine, better or worse than other phones.

Two things you can be sure of: the phone that meets your needs best won't be best for everyone. And no matter what phone you get today, there will be something newer and better in 12 months. Although maybe not much better. This technology is pretty darn good right now.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm a long time Nexus user and went for the 5x which caused me a lot of buyers remorse.

I sold it and bought an S7E although it was a toss up between that and the 6P. In the end the 6P seemed to big and to me, it is ugly in the camera area.

Perfectly happy with the S7E and I've made it appear stock enough to keep me happy. I will be waiting to see what Google release this October though.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I notice no speed difference between them. If there is it's in milliseconds.

I'm also not a power user.

Having owned every single Android and iOS flagship for the last few years... there is a HUGE speed difference we can tell.

Take a look at the interface lagging behind iOS like crazy:
iPhone 6S Plus Destroys Galaxy S7 In Speed Test | MacRumors Forums

The 6P performs better but not nearly as well as iOS.

Take note: the S7 Edge literally hesitate whenever you tap an icon, while the 6S Plus responds immediately.

Compared to my main phone right now (S6 Edge Plus), the S7 Edge is far behind in interface speed. But my device is on 5.1.1 so it may slow to S7 Edge speeds on Marshmallow. And that would mean it's Google's fault (and Samsung's) for yet again producing bloated slow OS - AKA Android Marshmallow.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully HTC doesnt screw it up with googles 3 year contract with them... and theres nothing wrong with the 6Ps camera. It takes way better pictures in decent and low light than my S7. And pictures are very fast when hdr isnt on. On my S7, in low light hdr adds more noise to a picture, hdr does some magical trick to my 6P. Pictures are taken very fast on my 6P in normal usage

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I know this is the S7 forum but if the 6P had ip68 water resistance and the S7s canera, would you choose the 6P over the S7/edge ?

Nope. Had the 6P. Had three of them actually. Spent too much time trying to convince myself it was a great phone. It was far from it, especially with regards to the camera and video. And I learned stock Android is not my cup of joe. I certainly wasn't going to keep it simply because it would be updated first. Not to mention, huge phone. Uncomfortably huge. For me, S7 and S7 Edge are much better. Which is why I have them both. :)

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Having owned every single Android and iOS flagship for the last few years... there is a HUGE speed difference we can tell.

Take note: the S7 Edge literally hesitate whenever you tap an icon, while the 6S Plus responds immediately.

Compared to my main phone right now (S6 Edge Plus), the S7 Edge is far behind in interface speed. But my device is on 5.1.1 so it may slow to S7 Edge speeds on Marshmallow. And that would mean it's Google's fault (and Samsung's) for yet again producing bloated slow OS - AKA Android Marshmallow.

Mine doesn't "hesitate" at all.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I notice no hesitation at all. While I own an iPad and it's snappy it's also boring. I will never own an iPhone. iPad works great but ios isn't my cup of tea..

The 6P is a great phone but I have a couple of things I do not like about it. As Sangs mentioned above I'm not all that enamored with stock Android either. That aside my biggest issue is the size. It's too damn big. The S7 Edge is the sweet Spot for me, it fits in my pocket and fits in my cupholder in my vehicle. And as I mentioned before I could care less about bloatware.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I notice no hesitation at all. While I own an iPad and it's snappy it's also boring. I will never own an iPhone. iPad works great but ios isn't my cup of tea..

The 6P is a great phone but I have a couple of things I do not like about it. As Sangs mentioned above I'm not all that enamored with stock Android either. That aside my biggest issue is the size. It's too damn big. The S7 Edge is the sweet Spot for me, it fits in my pocket and fits in my cupholder in my vehicle. And as I mentioned before I could care less about bloatware.

Size and stock Android are obviously matters of taste, but nobody is going to tell me the S7 and S7 Edge isn't snappy. Whatever that "video" proves is beyond me. Oh and the 6P camera and S7 camera come very close to one another in bright light photos. But go walk around while shooting video with the 6P then do so with the S7. Not. Even. Close. The S7 also takes better lowlight photos, not only because of the sensor, but because it has OIS. The 6P - in what for me was the most mind-boggling decision of the year for a phone that size - does NOT have OIS. Thus the jelly-vision videos and blurry low light pics. I really wanted to love the 6P, but in a way am glad I didn't, since the S7 and S7 Edge are the superior phones. And who gives a rat's behind about "bloatware" when you can put in a 128 or 200 gig SD card? Not to mention, you can disable all the bloat anyway. Non-issue.