S8 or S8+??

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually bummed that we're not going to see Bluetooth 5.0 on the s8. I remember hearing about it back in December and it sounds like it's ready to go

I don't see why it wouldn't be included. The Snapdragon 835 certainly does support it. We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Fingers crossed 🤞I'd love to have the extra distance for connection to my gear s2! I read the distance on the 5.0 is alot farther. I hope it has it but I'm pretty sure they would have boasted that in the specs at least on the box when that leaked. If be happily surprised if it did

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Fingers crossed ??????I'd love to have the extra distance for connection to my gear s2! I read the distance on the 5.0 is alot farther. I hope it has it but I'm pretty sure they would have boasted that in the specs at least on the box when that leaked. If be happily surprised if it did

I didn't even think of that. I have a Gear S2 and I also think it could use a little boost.

legion125

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I need to wait an see how the dimensions work while in hand. The S8 with the bigger screen looks like it will be comparable to the S7 Edge size wise.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually bummed that we're not going to see Bluetooth 5.0 on the s8. I remember hearing about it back in December and it sounds like it's ready to go
Why wouldn't we? The only other device that was announced with the snapdragon 835 also had Bluetooth 5.0. That's one of the perks about the new chipset.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Why wouldn't we? The only other device that was announced with the snapdragon 835 also had Bluetooth 5.0. That's one of the perks about the new chipset.

I really hope So! I just thought they'd be advertising that as one of the new features. Obviously I haven't seen anything official about the phone besides leaks but I haven't seen anything mention it

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I really hope So! I just thought they'd be advertising that as one of the new features. Obviously I haven't seen anything official about the phone besides leaks but I haven't seen anything mention it
I think it's just that most people have no clue what Bluetooth version there device even has so I don't see them advertising it. Probably just be on the spec list tomorrow.

Justin g1128

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Some phones even at 5" screens are awkward to use one handed so I'd imagine using the S8 plus to be difficult if you need to press something in the top corner, lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Some phones even at 5" screens are awkward to use one handed so I'd imagine using the S8 plus to be difficult if you need to press something in the top corner, lol
Kind of depends on the phone your used to. Those that prefer the larger screens have developed ways to hold them for easier one handed use, and some cases help a lot with this by providing a nice grippy back.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
That S8+ just seems crazy large for my taste. My hands aren't that large and using seems like it would be a complete pain.

I'll be waiting to see what's out there and what might be coming as I'm in no hurry to get a new phone unless it has some special appeal to me.

Aanze

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Why wouldn't it be? I expect them to be released in tandem just like the s7 and s7e. Any other way would be a major fail.

Well because they did not always release multiple versions of a smartphone simultaneously, at least when you want to get it from carrier operator.

Let me clarify: in France you can get the phone "naked" without any carrier and pay the high price (in which case I guess that indeed both version will be available), OR you can get it from your carrier operator with a huge discount if you are a premium customer (I pay around 50€/month which guarante me to have the latest smartphone at 100/200€ once in a year).

However the carriers usually do not propose the "special" version of the smartphones when they're ,not sure it will sell properly.

Back in 2015 I could not get the Lumia 950 XL, had to go with the normal one...

pjm1891

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Well because they did not always release multiple versions of a smartphone simultaneously, at least when you want to get it from carrier operator.

Let me clarify: in France you can get the phone "naked" without any carrier and pay the high price (in which case I guess that indeed both version will be available), OR you can get it from your carrier operator with a huge discount if you are a premium customer (I pay around 50€/month which guarante me to have the latest smartphone at 100/200€ once in a year).

However the carriers usually do not propose the "special" version of the smartphones when they're ,not sure it will sell properly.

Back in 2015 I could not get the Lumia 950 XL, had to go with the normal one...

I'm from Sweden we have almost the same system with carrier installment plans or buying full price from another store. Sure carriers leave out some models here, but not flagships from major manufacturers.
However comparing a Samsung flagship launch with the Lumia 950 I feel is a little unfair. The S8 will probably outsell the Lumia 950/xl total sales on it's first day.

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Curious what others think - will the larger screen size offset the larger battery in the S8+? In other words, will the S8+ have significantly more battery life than the S8 or will the larger screen eat away at any benefits gained from the larger battery?