S8 or S8+??

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't pass it up. Looking forward to getting back to a better camera, wireless charging and the Samsung Pay promotions/perks. I recently picked up a Gear S3 Frontier watch with Samsung pay but the promotions aren't available on the watches, just the phones.

Exciting!! Looking forward to your impressions of it!

efultz

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
S8+ is wayyy too big. The S8 seems to be the same size as the S7. The change from my S6 to S7 was a bit of getting used to. If I want to carry a tablet I will get a tablet. Sheesh.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Just got my pre-order in. I went with the s8+. I know I would been just fine with the s8 but when your holding both side by side there's no way I can't pick the larger of the two. Besides it's really not that bad in the hand for a big screen phone

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Just got my pre-order in. I went with the s8+. I know I would been just fine with the s8 but when your holding both side by side there's no way I can't pick the larger of the two. Besides it's really not that bad in the hand for a big screen phone

Totally agree. I get that some people like smaller phones. I have big hands and even though I have several tablets I rarely use them because my larger format phones fill my needs 99% of the time. I was floored by how small the S8+ felt in my hand.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I just pulled the trigger on the S8 Black. I figured with the Note 8 around the corner, I could save $100. I'm using the S7E now which is about the same size with smaller screen.

lh3

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 7 and I held it up against an s8+ at BB. S8+ feels exactly the same width, and looks about 5mm taller than the Note 7. The extra height is barely noticeable in my hands

The screen on the S8+ is the same width as the Note 7 screen, and looks about 6mm taller.

I will try to take pictures tomorrow and post them tomorrow

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just pulled the trigger on the S8 Black. I figured with the Note 8 around the corner, I could save $100. I'm using the S7E now which is about the same size with smaller screen.
I started out exactly as you. I have 7edge. Ordered s8 before seeing in person. Saw both in person so cancelled s8 and preordered s8 plus. Lol

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I started out exactly as you. I have 7edge. Ordered s8 before seeing in person. Saw both in person so cancelled s8 and preordered s8 plus. Lol

You made the right decision
Guys go to the store and hold both phones in your hands
And you'll realize the s8+ is the way to go

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I FINALLY got a chance to see the device and wow most of you were right I can't believe how small the S8+ is, I preordered the S8 not sure if I can change my order :(

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Yup, once I held one, it was smaller than an IPhone 7 Plus, and I went with the 8+. I love the resolution of the screen. Held it up to my cracked screen HTC One M8 and could not believe how much clearer, brighter, sharper it was. Even when compared to the Iphone 7 Plus

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yup, once I held one, it was smaller than an IPhone 7 Plus, and I went with the 8+. I love the resolution of the screen. Held it up to my cracked screen HTC One M8 and could not believe how much clearer, brighter, sharper it was. Even when compared to the Iphone 7 Plus
Its also much nicer than my v20. I like the v20 but really prefer samsung phones, especially when they have larger devices available again.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Its also much nicer than my v20. I like the v20 but really prefer samsung phones, especially when they have larger devices available again.

Plus notification led is very important to me. As long as the Samsungs keep it I will most likely stay with them for that reason alone

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I FINALLY got a chance to see the device and wow most of you were right I can't believe how small the S8+ is, I preordered the S8 not sure if I can change my order :(
depends on your carrier, but Id imagine you could change it, BUT, you may be delayed in getting it right away........

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I was debating up to the last moment before I put in my pre-order in-store. I held dummy units for both models and I must say that the extra screen real estate on the + was nice and the thought of the extra battery was very compelling, but I just didn't see $100 plus more phone in the S8+ over the S8. I also could handle the overall size of the + but the S8 in hand feel was MUCH more natural and comfortable and I could even reach that crappily placed fingerprint sensor with minimal effort. So.....there you have it. Orchid Gray S8 coming to my greasy mitts soon!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was debating up to the last moment before I put in my pre-order in-store. I held dummy units for both models and I must say that the extra screen real estate on the + was nice and the thought of the extra battery was very compelling, but I just didn't see $100 plus more phone in the S8+ over the S8. I also could handle the overall size of the + but the S8 in hand feel was MUCH more natural and comfortable and I could even reach that crappily placed fingerprint sensor with minimal effort. So.....there you have it. Orchid Gray S8 coming to my greasy mitts soon!
Are you going to have cases with it