S8+ won't call/receive calls from iPhones

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't find anything on this but my wife's S8+ won't place or receive calls to/from iPhones. My Note8 works fine and all of the settings are the same from what I can tell. It's very strange, when an iPhone calls her, it never rings and when she tries to call one as soon as they answer the call disconnects.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
My S8 Plus receives calls and can send calls to my sister's IPhone. Can she send/receive sms/mms from her Samsung to IPhone? Sorry but I'm at a loss as to what's happening.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't find anything on this but my wife's S8+ won't place or receive calls to/from iPhones. My Note8 works fine and all of the settings are the same from what I can tell. It's very strange, when an iPhone calls her, it never rings and when she tries to call one as soon as they answer the call disconnects.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?
Has she checked her contacts to make sure the iPhone owners aren't blocked by accident? Worth a look anyawy.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Text messages still go through fine. Just phone calls that don't work. Her mom has an iPhone and just all of the sudden it stopped working. She had to call her from my Note8. I also have an iPhone for work and I can't call her from it or vice-versa, but my Note and her S8 connect just fine. It makes absolutely no sense to me

Battleware

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try factory reset and restore without backup... A PITA but couldn't hurt since that's a huge loss in functionality.

I have tried a factory reset before and it doesn't work, I have asked AT&T and they know of the issue where the HD sound or voice over IP doesn't work with Apple for some reason and you have to turn it off but you loose out on better sounding phone calls. I was told a patch was made to fix it but I still can't call an iPhoneX user.

leigh_32

Oct 5, 2018
Visit site
Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have a Galaxy S8+ and it is doing the same thing. It started about 2-3 months ago. I don't make or receive many calls, but I was having issues sending or receiving calls from my husband, who has an IPhone 6+. I've called my carrier, Straight Talk, who says there is no network issues. We've obviously done all of the typical things prior to calling Straight Talk. I've also cleared the data/cache from the phone app. I've done everything that I could find from other articles in which users experienced this problem. Nothing has worked. My husband tried calling me today from other IPhones and my phone never rang. I can still send texts to him or call via Facebook Messenger. If I try to call him, it disconnects as soon as he answers.

My husband is an engineer and his IT guru said that their best bet it that my SIM card needs to be replaced. They checked his Ilk be and found no issues on his end. Please let me know if you've figured it out! Thanks in advance!

Tattooed_hogfan

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I've got an at&t s8+, and starting about 3 weeks ago I couldn't call any iPhone on ANY carrier. When I would hit dial on my end, the screen would say calling for about a second (long enough for it to start ringing on their end) and immediately drop the call on my phone. Half of the time of they tried immediately calling me back, it would go to my voice mail without ringing on my end. Now if they originated the attempt on the iPhone end, I could receive the calls just fine. Texts worked just fine both directions. After trouble shooting everything I could think of (clearing cache from recovery page, clearing cache in all 3 phone dialer system apps, booting into safe mode, factory reset) and speaking with 2 different reps from 2 different stores (who were beyond useless, and had ZERO knowledge of anything if you don't have the holy grail iPhone..... excuse me while I throw up....) anyway...I figured out at least a temporary fix until an update comes through:
Go to settings, connections, mobile connections, enhanced LTE services, and uncheck the advanced HD voice and advanced communications box.... instantly calls to iphones worked perfectly..... hope it works for you guys.

Reza Zarei

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi

I had the same problem and found a solution for it. It is a feature of Galaxy that uses LTE network for voice calls and it is not compatible with iPhone.

On your Galaxy phone go to Settings
Go to Connections
Go to Mobile Networks
Turn off the VoLTE calls

You are done. Now you can call iPhone and enjoy it!

Reza Zarei

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi

I had the same problem and found a solution for it. It is a feature of Galaxy that uses LTE network for voice calls and it is not compatible with iPhone.

On your Galaxy phone go to Settings
Go to Connections
Go to Mobile Networks
Turn off the VoLTE calls...

You are done. Now you can call iPhone and enjoy it!