Sad day for all of us :(

skenney1993

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon to see what they say about the shipping date and the Rep with a special title named Bianca, said the first batch of pre orders will ship 7/9 and I asked her why they were taking so long when ATT and sprint are shipping them today and she said Verizon is adding exclusive special features and software to make the phone better. They are adding freaking bloatware to ruin this wonderful phone. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Blackhawk4

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Not really a surprise. VZW likes to add their software so it was to be expected. I've got no problem waiting a little bit more. Anyways you can just disable the stuff and forget about it.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon to see what they say about the shipping date and the Rep with a special title named Bianca, said the first batch of pre orders will ship 7/9 and I asked her why they were taking so long when ATT and sprint are shipping them today and she said Verizon is adding exclusive special features and software to make the phone better. They are adding freaking bloatware to ruin this wonderful phone. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Shocking! :eek:

shatter71

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
That means that Samsung manufactures the phones, puts them in boxes and then Verizon has to open each box to flash a new rom, so to speak, and then put them back in the box to ship them out? Or something altogether happens in the process? Just curious.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping they would not add any more then was already posted in another thread.In that thread there was only 4 or 5 vzw bloatware I think mentioned .But yeah if its really so though for those rooting it wont matter.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
It really pisses me of to see Samsung finally bring a cohesive, same design across the board phone to the US only to cave to VZWwhen it comes to bloatware. I'll be rooting and riding my device of the stuff but just once, even if it hurt me as a VZW customer, I would like to see a manufacture say screw you to them and tell them they don't get the phone unless they leave it untouched. If Apple can do it there is no reason Sammy can't. VZW would look like fools if they didn't have a SGS III on top of not having an HTC One device.

Still can't wait for my phone but upset that rooting is going to be a necessity right of the bat.

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Android has blessed Verizon, the Droid 1 saved their butt. In return they screw over the user by loading it up with bloat. Luckily samsungs good with letting root users get their way so most here will easily fix this problem

Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
maybe Verizon is making Samsung write in a change so that you CANT disable their bloatware?

Yea I don't see that happening if so they would have done it on the g-nex because they had to put there blot on it to

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Not a sad day at all, we have known since the day pre ordering was available, that they would ship as late as July 9th. Why would today be any different? Every US carrier has added "bloatware" to the SGS3 so far.

It really pisses me of to see Samsung finally bring a cohesive, same design across the board phone to the US only to cave to VZWwhen it comes to bloatware. I'll be rooting and riding my device of the stuff but just once, even if it hurt me as a VZW customer, I would like to see a manufacture say screw you to them and tell them they don't get the phone unless they leave it untouched. If Apple can do it there is no reason Sammy can't. VZW would look like fools if they didn't have a SGS III on top of not having an HTC One device.

Still can't wait for my phone but upset that rooting is going to be a necessity right of the bat.
Again, every US carrier has added bloatware so far.

poopie35

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Also is it hard to root a phone, I'm seeing everyone saying they're going to root their phone, and if i can get FREE wifi,i want it then:)

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Also is it hard to root a phone, I'm seeing everyone saying they're going to root their phone, and if i can get FREE wifi,i want it then:)

Keep checking the forums here, there will be rooting guides up in no time. Other forums have them up already, but I think they are mostly for international versions of the phone.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: brewzer

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Rooting isn't hard if you read up in it. If you took a couple hours and learned it you will find yourself the master of your phone. One click methods will come and those are so easy its rediculas.

Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillly