Safe mode?

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Quite a few months ago my father's s21u went into safe mode and he hasn't been able to start the phone without it going to safe mode, now he upgraded to a 23u and trying to do the transfer. Does anyone know how to transfer contacts to the new phone or get the s21u out of safe mode to be able to use smart switch. He doesn't care about losing apps he just wants his contacts transfered over.

Thanks for any help in advance

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Nevermind I found a work around

New problem I posted about below

Last edited:

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Doesn't keep it on Google account?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
We finally got everything to transfer over and even found what app was causing the problem with the 21. The only thing he told me after I left and I have to look at it tomorrow is he had a ton of notes in the samsung notes app that apparently did not transfer over from the Google backup that we used, I'm hoping maybe saving it to the cloud will make it available on the 23 but any ideas how to fix that I'm open to try. Personally I don't see why he didn't have the phone looked at like 6 months ago when it went into safe mode and he couldn't do anything but talk and text.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We finally got everything to transfer over and even found what app was causing the problem with the 21. The only thing he told me after I left and I have to look at it tomorrow is he had a ton of notes in the samsung notes app that apparently did not transfer over from the Google backup that we used, I'm hoping maybe saving it to the cloud will make it available on the 23 but any ideas how to fix that I'm open to try. Personally I don't see why he didn't have the phone looked at like 6 months ago when it went into safe mode and he couldn't do anything but talk and text.

Samsung cloud should have back up the Notes , not sure why it got stuck in safe mode but your right should of fixed that back then .