SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here??

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here??

Curious, who really shake their phone like a milkshake? Come on, folks. At best phone in hand and wave at people. Even running won't shake them.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here??

SamMobile reporting "Hundreds" reportin camera defects dust/condensation. Anyone here?? Everyone bring out your flashlights and magnifying glasses...

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-20-ultra-100-plus-camera-defects-report

Still out of town and waiting to get home to open my new N20U waiting for me and reading posts and articles in meantime.

I gotta check the Official Samsung community to see if anyone reporting dust/condensation issues.

Nothing here. I snapped a few outside last night and this morning.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Curious, who really shake their phone like a milkshake? Come on, folks. At best phone in hand and wave at people. Even running won't shake them.

Not like a milkshake... A baby rattle! :p

I wear a running belt and keep my phone at the waist. With the orientation of the periscope but would be perfect for the camera to bounce during I run... My theory. I run 10-12 miles a week and when training for NY double... That's a lot of pounding on the road.

Mountain biking on hard bumpy trails that woukd rattle your teeth woukd rattle the camera... I think.

Either way I'm going to avoid it. Guess swap sim into my 6s when running. Don't mind beating that up.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Not like a milkshake... A baby rattle!

I wear a running belt and keep my phone at the waist. With the orientation of the periscope but would be perfect for the camera to bounce during I run... My theory. I run 10-12 miles a week and when training for NY double... That's a lot of pounding on the road.

Mountain biking on hard bumpy trails that woukd rattle your teeth woukd rattle the camera... I think.

Either way I'm going to avoid it. Guess swap sim into my 6s when running. Don't mind beating that up.
Haven't had a problem with the S20 so far so I think you'll be OK

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I am pretty sure I've read and seen reviews that mention that the rattle is the periscope and completely normal. Doesn't the S20 a
experience the same?
Yes

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Not like a milkshake... A baby rattle! :p

I'm sure Samsung R&D did their research and got it passed their test before public usage. For my bike ride, I mount mine on the handlebar never on the side of my belt. If I get lazy, I strap them on my arm. ;) I think our phone will be fine even in excessive condition (earth move movement...) LOL

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm sure Samsung R&D did their research and got it passed their test before public usage. For my bike ride, I mount mine on the handlebar never on the side of my belt. If I get lazy, I strap them on my arm. ;) I think our phone will be fine even in excessive condition (earth move movement...) LOL

I'll rethink it. Cause it'd be a shame to have a better camera and not have it when I'm out and always find something to snap out on the road/trail.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'll rethink it. Cause it'd be a shame to have a better camera and not have it when I'm out and always find something to snap out on the road/trail.

I totally get it, but sometimes we tend to carry away small little things that rattle our nerves. ;)

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I have to listen pretty hard to hear a very MINOR rattle in mine. I mean, I have to REALLY listen for a little noise. If I hold it at a normal usage distance and shake, I cannot hear it at all.

No issue with mine for the OP topic.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I don't hear any rattle. Not sure why I'd shake my phone like that anyway.

Chris134

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site

I don't hear any rattle. Not sure why I'd shake my phone like that anyway.

I can hear a rattle and even feel it by turning my phone over sometimes.

I know this is supposed to be by design but seems like a poor decision.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site

I can hear a rattle and even feel it by turning my phone over sometimes.

I know this is supposed to be by design but seems like a poor decision.

I think it's been like this for a while, I remember the S9+ had a similar rattle. But like others said if you turn your camera on and try to rattle it doesn't.