Samsun Pay & Peel Remote

Cherri Roux

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I saw a comment where someone mentioned they had the Samsung App along with Peel Remote App!
Is it still possible to control TVs & other electronics with the newer Samsung phones ?

Posted via Android Central Using Note IV

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how Samsung Pay comes into this, but yeah, you can still have Peel Remote installed...it just won't control your TV because there is no IR Blaster on newer phones (which is where Samsung Pay is available).

Only apps like Smart View 2.0 that connect directly to your TV via WiFi can control it without the IR Blaster. Unfortunately that app doesn't show as compatible with newer phones (you'd have to find the APK somewhere else, and they do work). In theory, a new Smart View app is coming out in October 2015. Let's hope that does show up as compatible.

srz1977

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Not sure how Samsung Pay comes into this, but yeah, you can still have Peel Remote installed...it just won't control your TV because there is no IR Blaster on newer phones (which is where Samsung Pay is available).

Only apps like Smart View 2.0 that connect directly to your TV via WiFi can control it without the IR Blaster. Unfortunately that app doesn't show as compatible with newer phones (you'd have to find the APK somewhere else, and they do work). In theory, a new Smart View app is coming out in October 2015. Let's hope that does show up as compatible.

The S6, S6 Edge, and S6 Edge + all have Peel and an IR blaster. There is a bug right now where Samsung Pay and the IR Blaster are not playing nice.

Cherri Roux

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replying!
I'm curious because I haven't yet upgraded . . .
I read a comment about how the 2 apps may not work together
(though it was not possible to install at all)
I use my remote a lot so if that feature will still be somewhat available, I may switch sooner than expected.

Posted via Android Central Using Note IV

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung pay and remote do not work at the same time. But they work perfectly fine alone.

Posted via the Android Central App

YoSaintLaurent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Since using Samsung Pay my remote has not worked at all. Has anyone found a way to get it to work? And is anyone else thinking that this issue may be why Samsung got rid of the IR blaster on the Note 5/GS5 Edge+?

Last edited:

Plob

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Just used the peel remote today for the first time and I must say I love it! Was very easy to set up (in the UK at least) and the features make so much sense. The best second screen app i've used for sure.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes! On the AT&T S6e as soon as Samsung Pay runs the IR transmitter is constantly transmitting. I have an external IR Receiver on my computer and it is in a constant state of receiving when Samsung Pay is running. Force stop it and it quits. Then my Peel remote starts working again.

I am not on the beta, someone on the beta please bug report it. Its completely reproducible.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Gotta love customer service. From samsung:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Samsung Media Solutions Customer Support. We always appreciate hearing from our customers.

It must be inconvenient this could be as IR blaster (peel remote app) is not working after updating Samsung pay app. I will be glad to assist you with the required information.

It is observed that, since updating the Samsung Pay application to latest version the IR Blaster is not working as it should. So, Samsung is planning to address this particular issue on the new Software update that will be release on 09/28/2015.

We request you to get back to us if you have any further questions.

If you are still experiencing the issue, please contact your bank and confirm if their card will support digital wallet.

Lol. But there is an answer there!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86