Samsung’s new Galaxy Note 7 compensation program will reportedly let customers get a Galaxy S8 free

Rohith Rohi1

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
It was first reported earlier this week that Samsung is preparing a new compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 owners who have already been through a lot over the past couple of months. The report suggested that Samsung will offer cash discounts on the purchase of its future flagship to those customers. Samsung is already providing monetary incentives to get people to exchange the Galaxy Note 7 for one of its other devices. A report out of Korea claims that the new compensation program will allow Galaxy Note 7 customers to get the Galaxy S8 for free, or by paying a nominal amount.

According to the report, this program will be open to those who have already exchange their Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge. They will then be able to exchange that handset for the Galaxy S8 free when it comes out early next year. The cost of the exchange will either be zero of nominal, it’s reportedly going to depend upon if it’s the customer’s first or second exchange of the Galaxy Note 7.

“The new compensation program is designed to make it easier for those who exchange their Galaxy Note 7 with existing Samsung smartphones, to shift into our next model coming in next year,” a Samsung official has been quoted as saying in the report. How Samsung will actually process these claims remains a mystery right now, official details are slim right now so until more is said about this by the company itself, I’ll continue to be skeptical about such a compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 owners.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty awesome if true. However, I'm not gonna buy a new S7 edge just based on that. Got a refurbished one so I can just use my upgrade next year when the S8 comes out. I have a feeling that this is gonna be a nightmare to get done. Probably won't get it the day it comes out

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I had an S7E before the N7 and stopped using it in favor of my Note Edge because I missed S-Pen functionality.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It was first reported earlier this week that Samsung is preparing a new compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 owners who have already been through a lot over the past couple of months. The report suggested that Samsung will offer cash discounts on the purchase of its future flagship to those customers. Samsung is already providing monetary incentives to get people to exchange the Galaxy Note 7 for one of its other devices. A report out of Korea claims that the new compensation program will allow Galaxy Note 7 customers to get the Galaxy S8 for free, or by paying a nominal amount.

According to the report, this program will be open to those who have already exchange their Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge. They will then be able to exchange that handset for the Galaxy S8 free when it comes out early next year. The cost of the exchange will either be zero of nominal, it’s reportedly going to depend upon if it’s the customer’s first or second exchange of the Galaxy Note 7.

“The new compensation program is designed to make it easier for those who exchange their Galaxy Note 7 with existing Samsung smartphones, to shift into our next model coming in next year,” a Samsung official has been quoted as saying in the report. How Samsung will actually process these claims remains a mystery right now, official details are slim right now so until more is said about this by the company itself, I’ll continue to be skeptical about such a compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 owners.

I returned the Note 7 during the first recall for the S7 Edge. I guess I could still get a free S8 then too?

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Little too late.... Everyone is already jumping ship why didnt they offer this before if this is true..........So you tell us to power down and want us to use loaners and back up phones for 6 months til the small s8 comes out?...They like to see us suffer don't they...

Rohith Rohi1

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
That's pretty awesome if true. However, I'm not gonna buy a new S7 edge just based on that. Got a refurbished one so I can just use my upgrade next year when the S8 comes out. I have a feeling that this is gonna be a nightmare to get done. Probably won't get it the day it comes out

Yes My freind its true...!!! This was An sure information from samsung

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't want an s8 I want a Note 8!

There probably won't be a note 8
Most likely they'll come out with a s8 and s8 pro or plus with 5.7" to 6 " screen and s pen functionality
So you see.. You do want an s8 and so do I... And so do... most note 7 users

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Little too late.... Everyone is already jumping ship why didnt they offer this before if this is true..........So you tell us to power down and want us to use loaners and back up phones for 6 months til the small s8 comes out?...They like to see us suffer don't they...

That's what I'm worried about. A free s8, but the standard size small screen one and not the S8 Edge with larger screen. If it is a smaller screen I might take the free phone and sell it and get the Edge.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the S7 or the 7edge. It may seem like a downgrade to some people but I made the switch to the Note5! I love the Note series and it's Spen. I k of the phone is a yr old but I like it. Those that chose a different Samsung should get the same benefits. I had played extensively with them while I still had the Note 4 and couldn't upgrade to either. It's why I chose to hold out for the Note7 and we can't have anymore.
Note 5 is a great device and not a letdown e copy for no SD card slot. I am switching to the 64gig..promised since my carrier was out of it. Bottom line is no one should be dissed by Samsung on a deal when they are still using a Samsung device and being loyal to the brand

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I definitely take this with a grain of salt. It sounds like people just being hopeful and making up rumors.